Raise a toast to my Mother friends.
A year ago today right around this time I lost my mother. In her honor I raise a glass of the good stuff and a sword.

May this year be better then the one that has ended. :cry:

Scott
I'll raise a glass, and my blade.

To your mum!
May wherever she is be sweet and good.
Here, here!
I raise my glass and my sword.

To your mother!
A salute to your mother and all mothers of list members!
I'm sorry for your loss...

I know how difficult this time of year can be. I lost my father two years ago at about this time of year.

Keep healthy, keep strong, and remember the good times. Mourn the loss, but keep on living with those values and strengths she instilled in you.

Eventually the pain will subside, but it will not go away -- nor should it. If we completely put away loss and pain, we are made less human.

I pray that this year finds blessings and peace for you and your family.

Dave
"Those who pass on, will live forever in our memories." Salute!
Re: Raise a toast to my Mother friends.
Scott Kowalski wrote:
A year ago today right around this time I lost my mother. In her honor I raise a glass of the good stuff and a sword.

May this year be better then the one that has ended. :cry:

Scott

Well said.

Lost my Father in 1996 and when I dream about him the reality at the time of dreaming is that he is still " unexplainably " still around and I worry how we will explain his presence to the Insurance company, the tax people Federal and Provincial: Just as I am at the point where one crosses from being asleep to wakefulness there is this mid point where the reality of his death re-becomes the " real " reality and the UNIVERSE flip flops ......

When he had just died those early dreams where much more frequent and so real that it felt like he was " visiting " and these could be seen as a gift for the short time before waking ! Super real dreams where even touch, sound and smell could be hardly differentiated from a real experience.

In a way the people we loved are always with us even if it's just an illusion or created somewhere deep in our grey matter.

Certainly helps that there where no negative and unresolved issues with my DAD so there are few if any regrets about things not done or said. ( Although there are always a few things one might imagine one could have done when it was still possible to do them, in my case nothing really important ..... should have taken him out to restaurants more often for example, never thought at the time to see if he would have liked sushi as much as I do ! Did take him to red Lobster once ).

Sorry if I got to rambling here but some times sharing these feelings are good for everyone reading them and for the person expressing them. ;)
Scott,
You do a great honor to the memory your mother. Remember the good times and the not-so-good times. Talk about them with friends and family. Share her stories, and bring further honor to her memory.

My mother-in-law, rest her soul, loved polka dancing and was no stranger to a pint or two. Just remembering some of the good times bring a smile to my face.

Thank you Scott.
Scott, I raise my coffee mug to your mother, and to mine as well
Thank you one and all for the responses. I always remember her when she was in a good mood, or mad at one of my younger brothers! :D

My condolences as well to all who have a loved one they were close to. May we always keep a special spot in our hearts for them.

Scott
My blade is not here but I will raise it when I can.

take care.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: