Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on Your List for 2010? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Only 2 items this year:

Tod's working up a Rondel for me and A&A will be putting together this sword for me. Which reminds me, if any body has more pics of this sword, I'd appreciate seeing them. I wish I logged where I found this pic.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
Only 2 items this year:

Tod's working up a Rondel for me and A&A will be putting together this sword for me. Which reminds me, if any body has more pics of this sword, I'd appreciate seeing them. I wish I logged where I found this pic.

Jason,
What kind of rondel is Tod working up? He always does such nice things.

The sword pictures appear to be auction house photography. Perhaps Hermann Historica?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Jason Elrod wrote:
Only 2 items this year:

Jason,
What kind of rondel is Tod working up? He always does such nice things.

The sword pictures appear to be auction house photography. Perhaps Hermann Historica?

16th Century all steel rondel. Not exactly this one but close enough.

I think the pic did come from Hermann Historica. The pic is originally from Sept '05 which means it would most likely come from Auction #49. I've been thinking about buying the catalog just to find out.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Most of my list for 2010 appears to be selling parts of my collection to pay bills. Pieces of armor ordered last year have begun trickeling in. Might have a compete munitions plate kit by the end of April. Would like to either get (or make) some scabards for some odds and ends I got during special sales and from the classifieds over the last few years that are are likely to stay on.

Its hard for me to say what I will get in advance because most of my buying hinges on making good deals in the classifieds. If the right item comes up, if I have cash on hand and if a deal can be made, I might buy something. All those ifs don't make for predictable collection planning.

Have an A&A Gladius coming that is going to be a present for my son, but that's not my list per say.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So far 2010 looks good. For years I was paying off legal debts from a youthful bad decision (marital, not criminal). This limited me to searching for good swords amongst those in the bargain range. With that finally off my back...

Purchased so far: a semi-custom Del Tin 2130 & scabbard (previously owned, from another forum)

Purchased and Returned to store: Valiant Hedemark. (Lovely looking sword & scabbard, but it caused discomfort in my hand).

In the mail right now: Albion Caithness & scabbard (from this forum - always wanted a Scottish medieval sword)

Project underway: a semi-custom crusader-style sword put together from various parts (one of our known friends here working on the project)

Commissioned a few months ago: my favorite 'Records' sword from A&A...can't wait for that one!

And I've got my eye out here and there...the year's still young.

-JD
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
well its near the end of march, anyone got anything yet?

Yup. I bought a blunt longsword, gloves and in a few days I'll be getting a gambeson. My grilfriend has so far got a longsword, a dagger, gloves and a gambeson.

Still on the list: helmets for the both of us, period clothing (some home made), two single handed swords and a couple of spears. If there's money left after that: riveted mail hauberks.
Matthijs van Halteren

PostPosted: Fri 02 Apr, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My plans for this year are buying a steel lamellar armour, making a Russsian style gambeson and buying a riveted chainmail and finishing my glove for swordfighting based on this (got the parts ready, just need to fit it onto a suitable glove):

Attachment: 74.17 KB
Inv._no._O.38824__Romisch_Germanisches_Zentralmuzeum__Mainz.jpg

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Dec, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It might be fun for those who added to this list to look at what was written and compare what actually happened.

How did 2010 go?

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 27 Dec, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
So far, just a ballock dagger with by-knife and pricker.

With my budget the way it is, that's likely all. Of course, 2009 was a good year for my collection and library, so I can't complain too much. Happy

I ended up cancelling this order because any funds I might have had went to buying a new car. So I bought myself one cheap item (a knife and pricker set) and a few books and that may be it for the year. Sad.... Sad

Update: the knife and pricker got sold. I did buy another little knife, though, which I like even better. I also did end up acquiring a ballock dagger, though not with by-knife and pricker.

I also commissioned two small custom projects which will be delivered early in 2011 (hopefully both by the end of January or so).

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Hrouda wrote:
I'd like to round out my mid-14th century kit:

Sabatons
Hourglass or Visby gauntlets (SCA legal)
Replace handmade butted aluminum mail with flat ring wedge riveted mail
And if I'm really lucky ... something pointy from Arms & Armour Happy

The sabatons arrived from Illusion Armouring, then I promptly tore them apart, modified them and added brass bling because I can never leave well enough alone Wink .
The Visby gauntlets are only half done. The left gauntlet is done and I'm still forming plates for the right.
I did end up replacing my aluminium mail, but with Icefalcon butted/blackened mail as the riveted mail was beyond my meager budget.
Sadly, nothing pointy from Arms & Armor was purchased in 2010 Cry .

Some unplanned things did pop up during 2010. A globus breastplate and a pair of small besegues found their way from Allan at The Mercenary's Tailor to me, go figure! A pair of proper mid-14th century shoes found a good home. A GDFB bascinet arrived and was completely stripped down, modified and reassembled because (again) I can never leave well enough alone. A Michael Pikula seax took me completely by surprise Eek! .

Finally, books - glorious books! I highly encourage everyone to use the features in the Books section. Reviews and ratings from myArmoury members mean much more to me than those from the general public. Adding your own books and wish list really enables the Item Suggestions feature to churn out some excellent (and sometimes surprising!) suggestions for you.

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't usually have a list and just pick up things as I find them, like a nice single action revolver back in November. All that being said, I am waiting on a Scottish snaphaunce pistol and one of those Williamsburg horseman's basket hilts that were discussed, and ordered, earlier in the year. I also hope to make myself a dirk in the style of Vince Evans but since that will require use of my limited skills and even more limited time, do not expect to see it any time soon. Wink
Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Nothing really planned for 2010 per say. Suspect I'll end up with some armo kit that could have been slotted in 2009 but got pushed for some health reasons on my part. Other than that the plan right now seems to be coming down to watching the classifieds here.

Got the armour...lost 50 lbs...sold the armour.

Other than that got a Todd's Stuff Bauernwehr kit from the classifieds. Mostly I ended up just selling stuff off so I could buy new bought bicycles, new cycling gear, new wheels, and new alpine skiis to go with the boots I bought late last year.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, my spot in Patrick Barta's line got delayed until January of 2011 so it'll be my first project of the new year instead of my big project last year! At least I've decided what to have him make...
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
either a springfield 03a3 or garand

hehe i got both this past year. a march 1941 garand and a 1903 Springfield
J.D. Crawford

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:

In the mail right now: Albion Caithness & scabbard (from this forum - always wanted a Scottish medieval sword)

Project underway: a semi-custom crusader-style sword put together from various parts (one of our known friends here working on the project)

Commissioned a few months ago: my favorite 'Records' sword from A&A...can't wait for that one!

This stuff came through, plus I bought and customized another Del Tin and picked up a second-hand Albion Templar. Oh yes, and a Mercenary Tailor customized kite shield. Definitely a good year, by my standards, for collecting.
Karl Knisley

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jan, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello
I got my,Vladimir Cervenka walloon, today,so I guess it fits the 2011,list:-)I`am on his list for a ,Sinclaire hilt ,dussage, in June.
Six months and counting down.I cant deside, if I enjoy the anticipation, or hate it:-)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on Your List for 2010?
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: