Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on Your List for 2010? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
P. Cha

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

For me, nothing major...but I am curious as to what sonny will do with remodeling of the VA base line...so I´ll probably buy one or two of those.
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Matthew Stagmer wrote:
Funney that you would post this sword the day after I started drawing my concept. There was a disscusion on another forum about "historical fantasy" swords and this came up. I hope to make it sometime soon.

That sounds great Matthew. As I said in my original post Michael has been thinking of making one of these for himself and when I mentioned it to him his eyes lit up. As it stands this project is going to be in the second half of next year for me unless something else really catches my eye. I look forward to seeing your interpretation of this sword. It is definitely unique and stands out from the rest of the XIVs on the market right now. Which is one of the main things that drew me to it. That and the fact that I think that anyone whose main interest lies in the 40 years starting at 1280 must have a nice XIV in their collection. Especially since most people are drawn to the archetypical XII. Nothing wrong with them, it is just that they are by far the most common blade type for that era. I forgot to ask, what forum was the discussion on?

Chris,
That is a great looking Garand you have. I never seem to have the money available when CMP has what I am looking for. Sad One day I will have either a Garand or an M1 carbine.

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So far, just a ballock dagger with by-knife and pricker.

With my budget the way it is, that's likely all. Of course, 2009 was a good year for my collection and library, so I can't complain too much. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Christopher E.

PostPosted: Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So far I have a custom hollow grround longsword in the queue that John Lundemo in doing for me and an acid etched Armour Class basket hilted broadsword thst should show up this summer. I'm sure there will be others bought and sold as well but I'll just have to wait and see.
Neil Schiff

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jan, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, not sure what or when I'll be able to get anything in the coming year, but I have a few projects to do in the first couple months:

1. A viking using a Hanwei/Tinker blade and custom fittings from BKS (which were hopefully shipped today Happy)
2. An early A-Trim that was delivered yesterday, which I will be cleaning up and re-working the grip
3. A couple of knives/daggers I hopefully have the skills to finish

Looking further out, the main item on my wish list is a historically accurate Pompeii gladius...either a bare blade to do myself or the finished piece, depending on the price difference. I will hopefully be contacting John Lundemo regarding this, although I may go with a bare blade from BKS if the price is right.

A couple production pieces on my radar, but probably out of my budget:

1. A&A Shifford Viking (maybe a used one if anyone decides to sell)
2. Valiant Hedemark
3. Valiant Malatesta
R D Moore

Reading list: 11 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jan, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I have some things planned, amid some indecision.

1. An axe based on Petterson's Type M by Michael Pikula.
2. A pattern welded seax based on a Frankish or a Scandinavian pattern.
3. And to get in Vladimir Cervenka's qeue for a pappenheimer hilted rapier.

The indecision is over my desire to get a Coote grinder to do some knife making, and setting up a "backyard" forge. Confused Always more desires than time and money!!!

"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation" ...Gen. Douglas Macarthur
T Lui

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now that I've stared longingly at pictures of it and read some reviews, I've been wanting my own Brescia Spadona. Just love the lines and deadly mako shark-like profile it has. I'd also love a CF/Atrim Seneschal or a Rick Barrett blade I can customize with Fred Lohman company. But barring all of these, a documented nihonto is also on my list and I still kick myself for letting a nice papered wakizashi go that I saw up on sale this last summer.
Konstantin Tsvetkov

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Albion Maximilian, ordered from Albion Europe two years ago. I hope it will be ready this year.
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A place to live where I can resume collecting would be on my wish list, although, being a junior sailor in the navy, that would require a wife, and I'm not sure whether or not that's and achievable goal.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kenton Spaulding wrote:
A place to live where I can resume collecting would be on my wish list, although, being a junior sailor in the navy, that would require a wife, and I'm not sure whether or not that's and achievable goal.

I think you should amend that to say, a wife who likes, or at least tolerates having swords around. Happy
T Lui

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kenton Spaulding wrote:

I really hope no offense is taken, but your words make me glad that I went USAF instead. Happy Boats and I just don't mix either. But I do hope you eventually find what you're looking for! No matter the branch, brothers in arms, one team one fight, as my boss likes to say, heh.
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 02 Jan, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Kenton Spaulding wrote:

I think you should amend that to say, a wife who likes, or at least tolerates having swords around. Happy

I'm so lucky. When I told my girlfriend that I found out about WMA and that there was a WMA group in our home town she immediately said she was joining along with me. She loves the sword I just bought (Pavel Moc Talhoffer) and we're looking for something similar for her.

Funnily enough she's the same with most of my other hobbies. She's almost as big a computers and Linux geek as I am, and she loves Carnaval (Dutch Mardi Gras).
Bjorn Hagstrom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jan, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a lot of stuff in the works for this year (as usual) but the biggest commitment by far is that I have taken up horse-riding on a serious level. This means my historic interest will adapt as well. I have collected a little of this and that so far but this year I will try to tie together a coherent "Age of mail" mounted soldiers kit (and learn to ride in it as well)

Steps taken so far is this weekend spent tailoring an aketon and padded cuisses to serve as a foundation for the up and coming mail. I have a butted hauberk, mittens and bishops mantle but will gradually upgrade to riveted mail and add mail for my legs as well.

But my most interesting project this year is already in the works. The lovley woman that runs the estate that keeps the horse I ride has started a "Knights school" for kids in the area to combine basic horsemanship with easy to access history. Me and my girlfriend who are already into living history kind of got ourselves involved.(mmmm. indoctrinating yhe young ones Cool )

We actually spent most of Christmas sewing up five sets of tiny pony-sized caparisons and matching tabards. You have no Idea how cute they turned out Happy

So that is my big project this year. First learn to ride propetly, then looking good doing it!

There is nothing quite as sad as a one man conga-line...
David Khachatryan

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've had some wallhangers from Marto for some time now but this year I'm getting at least one REAL sword. My favorites so far are:

1. Arn by Albion
2. Kingmaker by Albion
3. Landgraf by Albion
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lots of saxes, including a patternwelded one, la tene sword, perhaps a falcata if I get around to it. Regarding bronze work, finish what I've started, and when I've got enough stuff finished I can think of new castings. Currently though, my mind is more on iron work. I've just forged 4 new saxes, which are in various states of finish.
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
- Bronze age living history in the Netherlands
- Barbarian metalworking
- Museum photos
- Zip-file with information about saxes
Gert-Jan Beukers

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

my shoppinglist for the next year :

- brigandine (already ordered one whoohoo!)
- Black Sallet (for 5 years I want to have one but I don't know any manufacturers who makes it and custom work isn't good for my wallet)
- a german 2 handed langmesser

Correct me if I'm wrong.... I'm dutch
Michael B.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I should be taking delivery of a custom germanic basket hilt sword by Darkwood and Tinker sometime in the next few months. And I think a new, more historically accurate softkit, the rest of my steel bits, and maybe a rondel or bollock dagger.
www.facebook.com/bearmountainforge2
Michael Bergstrom
Ben van Koert

Reading list: 14 books

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If all goes well I'll be the proud owner of a custom raised spring steel Italian export sallet with matching bevor next month, and as an aside project I'm waiting for another spring steel bevor plus a set of spring steel flemish arms.

I'm also expecting 6mm riveted voiders, standard and maille fauld to replace my 9mm set and I need to order a spare arming doublet in case my current one gives in.

Most of the above is cheating I guess, as some of these things were planned for last year, but got delayed or were unplanned, but irresistible pieces of in stock luck that yet have to be sent. Big Grin

As of my planning for 2010, my first priority is a driver's license and a car to haul all this crap over to events more easily. Big Grin
After that I'm planning a cuirass with matching pauldrons as my brig is slowly starting to show some wear, and so I can go all white. Then a upgrade of my arms will be in order, but this will probably occur in 2011. I'm also expecting a custom hand-and-a-half and a messer in about four months.

Oh, Gert-Jan, have you seen this, then:
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114108
A velvet covered black sallet, which is quite good, and 400 USD / 300 EUR. It's quite a nice deal.
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

well its near the end of march, anyone got anything yet? i did get my Garand. Winchester model 102XXX also ordered a bayonet for it. hope to get some 2.36 heat rockets for my bazooka this year too
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
So far, just a ballock dagger with by-knife and pricker.

With my budget the way it is, that's likely all. Of course, 2009 was a good year for my collection and library, so I can't complain too much. Happy

I ended up cancelling this order because any funds I might have had went to buying a new car. So I bought myself one cheap item (a knife and pricker set) and a few books and that may be it for the year. Sad.... Sad

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's on Your List for 2010?
Page 2 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: