Thank you for your work Mr. Christian Tobler!
Dear Mr. Tobler:

With regards to your responses in my thread below about Peter Falkner, I for one want to thank you for your work and passion in bringing historical manuscripts back to life.

I have a love and deep respect for history, and it frustrates me that I can't help people like you. I wouldn't know where to start. A job at a medieval museum would be perfect for me! All I know is a book like "Blood Red Roses" really intrigued me. But learning how to actually use medieval weapons through books like yours somehow brings that history to life again.

I have relatives in New Haven, CT. I wish I was up there with them so I could study with you. Please accept that as a compliment. I do realize you do other things for a living, but I sure would like to participate in all of this somehow. I live near San Antonio, TX and there is no ARMA chapter here. Brian Price's school is six hours away in the Dallas area. I suppose I must move one day!

Anyway ... Mr. Tobler, can you share with me and everyone else how your Poleaxe DVD and new books will be available to the public? Will Chivarly Bookshelf get more of my money? I am very happy to hear about the Poleaxe DVD since polearms are my primary interest. There's something more imtimidating about a poleaxe. Will other polearms be included like the Ahlspiess, Glaive, Halberd, and Partisan? Just curious.

All in all ... it seems important for us to have some sort of a martial education even if we never use any of this knowledge for real. I don't think I'd want to. I feel satisfied knowing more about a museum's medieval weapon than your average tourist - how it's made and used. Mr. Tobler helps achieve that goal.

Thank you Mr. Tobler!

Sincerely,
Dustin Faulkner
Boerne, TX
Dear Dustin,

I can only say, in response to your warm praise, "aw schucks..."

I teach here in CT, but I also teach seminars on the road. Perhaps our paths will cross sooner than later.

I can't quite announce my new venue, but my new book(s) and the poleaxe video will not be available through Chivalry Bookshelf, as I no longer have a relationship with that publisher.

Please rest assured that when everything is in place (which will be very soon, I promise!), I'll be announcing when and where my future projects will be available.

Thanks again for your very infectious enthusiasm. If you find yourself visiting your CT relatives, please feel free to drop in!

Yours,

Christian
Just wanted to say, I have your books "Fighting With the German Longsword" and "In Service of the Duke".They are wonderful! "Fighting With the German Longsword" inspired me to find a school to learn from and I am very glad I did. "In Service of the Duke" is just beautiful and hopefully I'll get some time to really go through it over winter break.

So thank you for these books, and I look forward to the DVD mentioned in this thread as well as the books mentioned in the Falkner thread.

(hopefully I didn't suck up too much! hahaha)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: