Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Thoughts or closeup's of the DT2160 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Thoughts or closeup's of the DT2160         Reply with quote

As long as I'm asking about Del Tin's, does anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Also, anyone have close-ups of the hilt area?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Arthur A. Elwell

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: 2160 hilt !         Reply with quote

Chad
Here you go !

Art

Attachment: 10.37 KB
H 2160.jpg

Arthur A. Elwell
A Work Of Art
http://www.a-work-of-art.net
aelwell45@msn.com
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad,
It's a sweet handling sword. While it's slightly on the heft side, the balance more than makes up for it. I know two people with two different versions. One is several years old, and has a black leather wrap, and the other is brand new from Albion and has a plain wood handle. The old one is a bit of a beast, but the newer version handles very gracefully, yet still packs quite a punch on the strike. I'm quite enamoured of this one.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've taken pics and will write a review of this sword. I agree with Bill about this sword; while slightly large compared to the original, it handles very well. Until the review is published, I hope the attached pic will give you an idea about the size of the hilt.

Attachment: 17.24 KB
2160hilt.jpg

Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Missed out on one of these on ebay not that long ago, you guys are not helping much!
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Keith Kipferl

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Missed out on one of these on ebay not that long ago, you guys are not helping much!

I got that one. I've always wanted one of these swords and couldn't resist it. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I suppose I should get around to it and post them here. I agree with the other folks about it's weight and balance. It's a little heavy but handles reasonably well.
Federico Tyrawskyj

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ok, I'm the thread necromancer I know, but I found nothing on the original on which this sword is based. Does anyone have any pics or at least an idea on the original sword on which this is based?
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Fri 17 Feb, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Second sword I owned was one of these, since given away to a friend in need of a good sword for reenactment. It is a bit heavy but moves very well. Definitely a sword that wishes to be in motion and use its momentum. It's also a lot of sword to block by your opponent, very intimidating.

I liked it a lot but have moved myself to a an earlier sword genre so it's no longer what I need in a sword. I would definitely recommend its purchase though.
Federico Tyrawskyj

PostPosted: Fri 17 Feb, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bryce Felperin wrote:
Second sword I owned was one of these, since given away to a friend in need of a good sword for reenactment. It is a bit heavy but moves very well. Definitely a sword that wishes to be in motion and use its momentum. It's also a lot of sword to block by your opponent, very intimidating.

I liked it a lot but have moved myself to a an earlier sword genre so it's no longer what I need in a sword. I would definitely recommend its purchase though.

Thanks for the input! I already purchased it, but I decided to get it shipped directly to A&A rather than to me. I want them to put an edge on it, give it a proper tip and do what they can to improve handling and get it closer to the original. That's why I'm wondering what the original was like! (if there is one that is)
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 05 Aug, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received one of these from KOA today. Getting familiar with it but from a few minutes moving it about, it is slightly heavy but balanced well. Grip is well done. Hilt looks nice but has that Del Tin rough finish.
Non Timebo Mala
Bryan Heff

PostPosted: Tue 05 Aug, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have always liked this model. A very handsome sword. Congrats on the pick up Bill. Del Tin needs to get more attention in my opinion.... Happy
The church is near but the roads are icy. The tavern is far but I will walk carefully. - Russian Proverb
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 05 Aug, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Federico Tyrawskyj wrote:
Ok, I'm the thread necromancer I know, but I found nothing on the original on which this sword is based. Does anyone have any pics or at least an idea on the original sword on which this is based?

I'd be surprised if it was a close match to any surviving sword. It would seem to simply be based on various elements from multiple swords.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 05 Aug, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The older ones feel their weight, for sure and a bit like the A&A in overall size. Blade reduction helps them a great deal. I don't know if the newer ones have much distal. The 5157 is longer and more than a pound lighter. This is a 2003 shot

Cheers

GC

Addendum

Stats for the new one shows some distal and thinner overall than the old ones. IIRC, the old one was around 5lbs. Todd Pelletier has since reground the one shown and is much nicer to do forms and cut with. I'll have to measure what he reduced his to (come next time we meet).

Attachment: 56.9 KB
aaaagbsplus.jpg

Attachment: 33.43 KB
attachmentgbs.jpg

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Thoughts or closeup's of the DT2160
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic