Valiant Armoury CF405 Hedemark
I just snapped these really quick the other day. I haven't had time to take any real quality pictures yet but I will get some this weekend.

Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see some photos of the actually production CF405 Hedemark rather than the prototype that Christian made for us.

The Stats are:
Overall Length: 39 Inches
Blade Length: 32 1/8th Inches
Handle Length: 4.25
Blade Material: Hand Forged 1060 High Carbon Spring Steel
Blade Width at Guard: 2 Inches
Sword Weight 3 ibs 1 oz
Sword, Scabbard & Belt Weight
Center of Gravity 6.25

It feels fantastic. Moves quick for a Viking sword yet you can tell this thing has some bite!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
I have been looking for a viking sword and nothing really caught my eye.. But this one is nice! Time to start saving:)

Jason
Just asking: what's the leather you use on the grips and scabbards of these newer models? Cowskin?
It's definitely one of the prettiest viking swords I've seen around. Love the grip design. Though, looking at it now, the pommel strikes me as a bit small.
outstanding
Good Evening All
ordered the Hedamark about a month ago. just got home tonight and found it on my doorstep, couldn't wait to open it. it was everything that i expected it to be and more. The leatherwork is outstanding, top-notch. The two piece pommel fits together tightly, and looks as one piece. The hilt is proportioned to the pommel exactly how it was described. You can definitely tell that it's a viking sword by the blade; the blade is as wide as described with the fuller running to within an inch of the point. You get much more than you pay for with this deal. In my opinion, Valiant Armoury are upping the standard on mid priced swords, leatherwork and scabbards. :D :D

tim seaton
Got mine today as well!
[ Linked Image ]
There is a review here:

http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?...amp;page=1

M.
I ordered a Hedemark through Christian Fletcher / Valiant Armoury around the
Holidaze. I'd been looking forward to this signature offering for some time, after
a few weeks -- while cleaning things up as I'm want to do -- I was disappointed
to find the pommel assembly came loose waaay too easily.

Not being all that masterly with tools, I saught to return the sword -- at first for a
refund, as I requested from CF. An arrangement was made to return the sword,
but Mr. Suttles of Valiant wrote that he would be happy to pick and inspect a
Hedemark for me, if I'd like to do an exchange instead.

This was agreeable, and not long after a replacement Hedemark landed on my
doorstep, fit as the preverbial fiddle. The slight anomale aside, the communication,
service, and standards were excellent. Job well done, not to mention the sword too.
Very nice package for the price, and quite the nice Viking-style blade and fittings...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: