Opinions on Finditarmoury?
As of right now I wear a Ringmesh welded stainless steel hauberk, which is incredibly durable and light, when I fight in the SCA.
However, I also want to own something more historically acurate, as I am also going to try more historic fighting groups sometime in the future hopefully. Thus I am looking to get a riveted hauberk if I can.
I came across this shirt of maille from Finditarmoury and was wondering if anyone had dealt with them before or wore the maille shirt in question? It intrests me because it is so cheap ($270). Is there a reason for this?
Chainmail/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Riveted%2BChainmail%2BArmor%2BHalf%2BSleeve%2BShirt%2B%3D28CMRH%3D29" target="_blank">https://ssl.perfora.net/www.finditarmory.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154b031f7980b3a/shopdata/0040_Armor/0240_Chainmail/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Riveted%2BChainmail%2BArmor%2BHalf%2BSleeve%2BShirt%2B%3D28CMRH%3D29
Thanks!
What period are you interested in? Because the type of links varied a lot...

The price is more or less good, but a lot depend upon the quality of the riveting... Like was discussed in this tread: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...highlight= (I see you have replied in it)
I have one of their riveted flat-ring mail shirts with full sleeves on order. I'll let you know my thoughts after it arrives.

It surprised me that a factory-made hauberk can cost anything from US$300 to US$900 online, when they're all made in the same few places in Asia. Mail made in rich countries tends to be more expensive of course.
The riveted flat ring full sleeve mail shirt arrived from Find-It Armoury. Its a beautiful silvery steel, lightly oiled. It was packed in a cardboard box with newsprint, and the box had started to crack under the weight, but the mail was intact. Chris at FindIt was quick to answer my questions.

The round rivets are well made, although I've found one or two rings which weren't riveted. A friend suggested that it may be machine riveted because they look so regular.

The disadvantage is that its very large (the chest is about 52" circumference measured at the outside, and the sleeves extend down over my hands) and heavy. It weighs about 31 lbs. That's probably too heavy for wearing under armour, although it would be suitable as the main defense. I'd advise anyone thinking of buying mail to ask about its weight as well as the ring size, rivet type, and cut.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: