Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!Contest
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next 
Mark Weldon

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I want to be a Viking because they have REAL, ULTIMATE POWER and are cool and totally sweet!!! Eek!

Bur mostly becaue that is one beutiful sword.

Mark
Sean Finlay

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The furs, the weapons, the beards, the ships, the vacations, the funerals, the songs, the blondes.
Leif Dressler

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why do I want to be a viking? Well, I already am one, really. I should warn everyone, though, that all the raiding and pillaging is hard to fit around the nine-to-fiver. Plus, the longboat doesn't leave much room in the garage for the minivan...
P. Bowen

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I want to be a Viking?

The freedom. The open sea. To be able to see a land, a world, as yet unspoiled by the modern age. To live, not ruled by time or deadlines, but by the seasons. By the simple basic survival instinct, which we are sadly breeding out of ourselves. And plunder and pillage aside, to posess a true sense of what deep felt honor and nobilty are. To know, without question, what my purpose is. Then, after the last sword has been drawn, for kinsmen, for family, to be laid down and sent off in the most regal manner - a true Viking Funeral.
Clay Swindell

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would like to be a Viking because my wife says I'm too lazy. Razz

Clay
Jay Yeates

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: why i want to be a viking ????         Reply with quote

it's in my lines genetics .... specifically from my paternal families time in northern ireland, reinforced with a history degree focusing on dark ages europe, and a long love of fine weapons. should i win this blade, there's a slot reserved for it in my norse-style weapons rack next to other similar blades (next to the axe & spear racks)

"wolfcynn"
Perry L. Goss

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why do I want to be a Viking?

Because I already am, well sort of. First my wife is a direct descendent of Sir Hugh Crawford of Ayshire Scotland the uncle of William Wallace. Secondly, in about 5 different descents the wife and I both descend from the Jarl Sinclairs of Orkney and Sir Robert MacKay of VA descendent of IyeDu MacKay b. 1550 chief of the clan MacKay of Strathnaver, Scotland.

This blade will assist me in achieving my dreams and moving from Legos and rainy Saturdays in the basement to the real thing.

Why do I want to be a Vik?

I have already "captured" a French/Scotch/Norse wife, so let's see what is next.....

I have a brood of children, mostly males, by several different gals. All paid for....... what is next.....

The Freedom to live as our ancestors did, no government per se [after all these guys set in motion the wheels for our Republic], no red tape, no freeways [unless you include the high seas and the deep rivers], hunt, fish, good scottish heather brewed whiskey by the barrel, roast pork, the opportunity for the babe to run around in silk and gold maybe?

Albion has the absolutest coolest swords on the market. Period.

Scottish: Ballentine, Black, Cameron, Chisholm, Cunningham, Crawford, Grant, Jaffray, MacFarlane, MacGillivray, MacKay-Reay/Strathnaver, Munro, Robertson, Sinclair, Wallace

Irish/Welsh: Bodkin, Mendenhall, Hackworth

Swiss: Goss von Rothenfluh, Naff von Zurich und Solland von Appenzel
Teodor Vacev

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Because of the cool swords, of course. And also because I do not want to be among the Vikings' victims.
Ben Jackson

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: A viking we will go, a viking we will go         Reply with quote

New member. Vikings lead the most interesting lives. Travel to interesting places, meet exotic people and loot them. Big Grin
Matthew D M

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmm....Why do I want to be a Viking....Because Kirk Douglas made a cool movie with Vikings!!!. Not really, Well, they have cool weapons, wear fur, kill, drink out of horns, throw axes, chew on their shields, kill, drool, foam at the mouth, scream (a lot) , kill, raid, pillage, and plunder, cruise in the boats, kill, and other stuff.
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

...nothing like washing down luttefisk with warm mead.....
Hagar the Horrible rocks!
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Did I mention that chicks named Ingrid are always hot?
Markus Koelblin

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sure, I want to be a wiking, if it 's neccessary to win that beatiful sword ... Big Grin.

Cheers,

Markus
Michael A.

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whew, almost forgot to enter... life's busyness is catching up with me... Anywho.

If there's any reason that I'd want to be a Viking, it's the spirit of the Viking. The courage to take a tiny little longship out into the Atlantic, not knowing where you'll end up, heading for parts unknown and seeing what's never been seen by European eyes before. It's also the culture itself, I love how the Vikings were some of the first people to trade not just in northern Europe, but as far south as Greece and even northern Africa I believe(but I could be wrong about the last). They traded everywhere their ships could reach, and were pretty dang advanced for their time. Of course, being feared everywhere is also a nifty little bonus perk. Big Grin Plus, they've got some awesome sagas and mythological beliefs, and they weren't afraid of dying; after all, why be afraid when you know you'll go to what essentially amounts to a neverending party when you die?
Andy Tripp

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Man this is a great site, I'm glad I ran across it. I'd like to be a Viking so I could travel to new lands, meet new people...and plunder them of course. Wink Seriously though, I've always had a great interest in the Vikings and would love to be able to put together a Viking persona/impression.
Ville Paananen

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I like to be a viking..

Because flying away to Valhalla with couple of valkyries for eternal mead, beer and battle, would be my to go!!
Tomi K.

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would like to be a viking because then I could have a cool name like Eyjolf or Finn.
Kim Harald Nielsen

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Exclamation

Take heed - a Viking sword is a "royal" gift in 793 - 1066 AD. My middlename is HARALD meaning chieftan of Men !!!

Direct descendant of a tree of norweigian ancestors and Danish too ... currently tracing back to 1247 and counting.

i'm a member of Forn Sidr (certified religious Danish-state approved)- actively workshipping Norse gods -
My patron god is loki !!! Its no anachronism !!!
i'm proud of being a viking - living it - fighting in SCA terms in Sweden ! My favorite weapon is a long- battle axe (genja) and 2 (tenja) as backup -
If I win this sword I promise to take it with me to Valhalla !

Note : Viking-age for me ended in 970 when HARALD bluetooth made the Danes christian - not in 1066
Nay no horns - yep to mead - and Ale (alu) strong ale (Biórr) - " for battle "- Fly Agaric

En viking uden våben er som en vinter uden sne..." (A viking without weapon is like a winter without snow...)
- Skjaldur Sniflasóns Saga (ca. 930)
Kenneth Enroth

PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I want to be a Viking, let's see... Well is there a better way for a male to realize himself in this life than to go viking? To be a mail clad barbarian adventuring among exotic people, fighting, looting, drinking, loving and leaving. In that order.
Nick Bibby

PostPosted: Sun 08 Aug, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I want to be a Viking because, well, I am a Viking. That is I am descended from the Hiberno Norse that settled the North West of England, where I grew up. Also, I am a professional sculptor and the only named Viking sculptor known was from NW England - Gaut Bjornsson. He could well be my Great, Great, Great, Great...........................
So, as I said, I AM A VIKING.

NICK

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!Contest
Page 25 of 26
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: