75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Agincourt XVa
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

So many swords, so little time...
and money :cry: .

Here is my dilema: Albion Migration type D or Agincourt XVa? I realize that these are very different swords but they both fascinate me :D . Unfortunately money and space do not allow both at this time. So, opinion time!

Migration:
pro: spiffy hilt, smaller and easier to display/store when needed, unique style
con: extra maintenance concern with bronze?

Agincourt:
Pro: classic knightly war sword, more presence? easier to maintain?
con: not as unique as migration in style, need more wall space to display

both swords handle and cut well from all I've read so I'm not too concerned on that front. BTW for those Albionians(Albionites?) how long are you planning on keeping the first gen models in production since you seem to be concentrating on the next gens?

All opinions and thoughts welcome.
Hi Nate,

I was once the proud owner of a Migration type D. I think it's a great sword. If I hadn't been stuck with a nice hefty bill from the IRS at tax time I never would have gotten rid of it. I highly recommend it.
I don't have on of the Migration D's but I have handled one owned by Mark Weldon (I think) two or three times now. Its a nice sword and one that will make a nice contrast in most collections.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Hi Nate,

I was once the proud owner of a Migration type D. I think it's a great sword. If I hadn't been stuck with a nice hefty bill from the IRS at tax time I never would have gotten rid of it. I highly recommend it.

Patrick,

Thanks for the input. Looks like the majority agrees with you :) . Did you have a scabbard for it and if so any pics of it? I am trying to get a feel for the type of scabbard that would go with a sword like that.

Thanks,
Nate C. wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Hi Nate,

Patrick,

Thanks for the input. Looks like the majority agrees with you :) . Did you have a scabbard for it and if so any pics of it? I am trying to get a feel for the type of scabbard that would go with a sword like that.

Thanks,

Nope, I'm afraid that I didn't have a scabbard for it. Just the sword.
*hordes Patrick's MigD*

It's a very nice piece. The grip is a little small, as are many Migration/Viking swords, but the overall design of this baby can't be beat. The double fullers, the sandwiched guard and pommel... it's just cool.

Bronze isn't very hard to care for. I use RenWax on the MigD's hilt components and CLP on the blade. You can use RenWax all around if you'd like, too. I think you could use a light oil (3-in-1, CLP) on bronze too, but not wood.
Have you looked at the soon-to-be-released Hersir, Huscarl, and Jarl? Also, the future Valkyrie, Thegn, and Berserker. Personally I like the Hersir and Berserker.

Regards,
Brian M
I would have to pick the Migration model. Its just so interesting a piece! If I had the dough it wouldnt take a second for me to chose.
Brian M wrote:
Have you looked at the soon-to-be-released Hersir, Huscarl, and Jarl? Also, the future Valkyrie, Thegn, and Berserker. Personally I like the Hersir and Berserker.

Regards,
Brian M

I have briefly looked at the next gens and they all seem like fine swords. Of the ones you mention I think the beserker and the Valkyrie look the most interesting. However, when I looked at the price (jaw drops :eek: ) I thought I'd start with something a little less expensive since I'm just starting out (and I want to get a rapier too). What drew me to the Mig D was the hilt and double fullers. It is one Nice looking sword and a good handler from what I've read. But yeah, I have definitely been drooling over the other swords (taken a look at Jody's site lately? love the senatorial spatha, I don't know how accurate it is but it looks nice :) ).

Keep the thoughts coming,

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: