Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom early ribbon baskethilt on a Windlass blade Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Custom early ribbon baskethilt on a Windlass blade         Reply with quote

Basket made by Alojz Krišto on a Windlass Sword of Granson blade. I have no specs or better pictures yet but I had to show it. Wink It's not comparable to E.B. Erickson or Mad Piper, but I'm satisfied with it for my first baskethilt.

Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Sun 08 Nov, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice! I've always had a fondness for baskethilts, and I'm beginning to really enjoy the beauty of ribbon baskethilts. How is that windlass blade by the way?
Nathan.
Jim S.

PostPosted: Sun 08 Nov, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is a very nice sword. You should be very happy with it !! Is Alojz Krišto a sword maker and where is he located ? Is there a website ? Again, congratulations.
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Mon 09 Nov, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan M Wuorio wrote:
Very nice! I've always had a fondness for baskethilts, and I'm beginning to really enjoy the beauty of ribbon baskethilts. How is that windlass blade by the way?

Thanks Nathan! The blade is surprisingly stiff for Windlass, well tempered which is more or less typical for them, and the only thing that bothers me is the lack of distal taper which makes the blade quite point heavy. Finish is very nice except that the two fullers get mixed up in one broader fuller near their end. The other side of the blade is better although fullers are still uneven near their end. But that is just cosmetic and I don't mind.
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Mon 09 Nov, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jim S. wrote:
That is a very nice sword. You should be very happy with it !! Is Alojz Krišto a sword maker and where is he located ? Is there a website ? Again, congratulations.

Thanks Jim! Alojz is a weapon maker from Croatia, my country, and he does pretty much everything... Wink Guns, knives, swords, smaller cannons, crossbows... Here is the site: http://www.top-kristo.hr/index.html
He speaks no English unfortunately, just Croatian and German. Products are "Proizvodi". Noževi - knives, kubure - pistols, puške - guns, ostalo - "other". He is less experienced with swords than with knives and guns but he can make anything very well if you explain him what you want precisely enough... Wink

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom early ribbon baskethilt on a Windlass blade
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic