What pieces are you planning on acquiring next?
A sword
41%
 41%  [ 25 ]
A seax
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
A knife
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
A dagger
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
A pole arm
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Armour
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
My colection is complete
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Whatever piece catches my eye first
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 60

Urnes Knife, Pick your Price
[ Linked Image ]

1) click on the image to go to the gallery page and take a look at the specs. of the piece.

2) PM me a bid of what you would be willing to pay for the piece.(shipping extra)
There is a reserve on this piece, don't worry about bidding low.
Be sure to say what piece you are bidding on.
5% of the price goes to myArmoury.

The bidding will end Friday 11-20-2009 at Noon (PST) after which I will contact the winner
and anounce the final price and the winner (unless they want to remain anonymous).

Let me know if you have any questions about the piece or how the auction works.

Good luck,

Ben

P.S. this is one of my favorite pieces that I have crafted.
Other.
Any chance I could get you to add messer to that list?

PS: I have an aversion to knives without some sort of guard or choil to provide some protection against slipping index fingers. However, that is a really nice piece of work!

PPS: make what you want. I won't be in the market for a while.
I can't believe I forgot messers :eek:
I'm not sure how to edit the poll, so I guess messers will have to go in the other catagory *sigh*

Good luck on the auction.
A messer is a knife. That's the translation. So "knife" works.
Too true messers, seaxs, knives, and daggers can all be considered the sub categories of knives.
Not being much of a German speaker I tend to think of messers in terms of the gross, kreigs, and lang variety.
To be clear of what I meant, the translation of the German word messer is "knife". I think a lot of us would love to see your take on a grossemesser one of these days!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
A messer is a knife. That's the translation. So "knife" works.

I was thinking grosse messer. Dare I ask for a kriegsmesser? I suppose I should have said "hauswehr or bigger"
I have a messer in the works at the moment and it should be done by the end of the year.
Thanks for the input, I 'll start a thread on making a messer.

Don't forget to bid :)
One week to go, I have gotten some good bids,

The reserve hasn't been met yet.
I haven't had much interest in this piece, so if I'm thinking of closing the auction early, at noon this friday.

If anyone is interested in having the auction run the full week let me know (and bid).

Good Luck
Ben:I cant believe it!

To all and everyone: please take another look at this piece and check the gallery page! I thing that its otstanding work. Consider having piece from Bens hands, i think its value would only be higher, as Ben is very talented and promising craftsman.

You can support him in beginings of his carreer, not to mention having rael beautiful sax for reasonable price.
I do not collect knives, as i make them, This particular knife inspired me a lot in my work, so believe me, I really think its great.
I think this is a wonderful knife. Too bad I can't offer you a quarter of what it's worth.
This auction will be closing tomorrow (11-13-2009) at noon. The reserve has been met and this piece will be sold.

Good luck.
4 hrs to go, this knife will sell so if you want it this is your last chance.

Thanks to all those who bid.

Good Luck!
The bidding is now closed on this piece.

I will contact the winner and post the final price.

Thanks for the good response

-Ben
The winner wished to remain anonymous, the final price was $575

Thanks to all who bid.

This will most likely be the last Pick your Price for a while. Please visit my website for items I have for sale (you are always free to make an offer on one of them, the worst I can say is "no".) :)

Thanks again,
Ben

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: