What do you think of the Re-enacting scene in Australia?
Needs more Classical stuff (Greece, Rome, Egypt, Assyrian, ect).
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Needs more recent stuff (Colonial, 19th, 20th century).
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Needs more local stuff (Indiginous, Convicts, Bligh).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Needs more exotic stuff (Arabia, China, The America's)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Needs nothing more, I'm quite content with the current stuff (well... Um... Yeah).
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I'm not even from/in Australia ( lol :P ).
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Needs a bit more of all the above. ( :D )
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

A Question to the Australians Out There...
Hey guy's,

:\ This is a bit of a two part question so bare with me:

I've been lurking around trying to find a way into the edutainment/ living history/ school displays career, then it struck me; Why not ask the people who might know, your fine selves!
So does anyone of you maybe have a hint as to how to go about getting into it, even if only for part time jobs; and whether you might have any suggestions for a 2nd year, going on 3rd English/History Uni student? And why doesn't Tassie ever get anything? :cry:

I have had little to no first hand experience with the Australian suppliers of re-enactment/ collectable/ medieval goods, and was wondering whether some of you might be able to give moi a brief overview of any works you'd bought from an Australian supplier/maker. For example Manning Imperial, Talerwin Forge, Esford, Yourself, ect...
Idealy one day I'd buy at least one product from each (yay, supporting Australia's reenactor economy) of them, but I'd just like any insight you mob could share. :lol:

So yeah, cheers for any help.

Attachment: 21.64 KB
australia_kangaroo.jpg
We ride these around, like, every where...
There are a few groups around in Melbourne that do the "School Incursion" thing. One I can remember (due to horrible name rmore than any particular opinion about their quality) was "Days of Knights" :cry: could maybe check them out online as a stepping off point

As for supliers the general feeling is Manning Imperial will make you some truely beautiful stuff, but you better not be in a rush, and while they are prolly good value, they are not cheap. For "entry level" stuff, "Historic Armouries" in Perth seem decent, and Global Direct recently opened an outlet in Melbourne. Hanwei seem to be popular,but most of their stuff needs some moddification for most Ausie groups that I know of, because most are real sticklers for safety and the Hanwei blades tend to be too narrow at the tip, and thus need reshaping to be blunter.
Ah, cheers Nat, much obliged. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: