Separation anxiety!
Ok, maybe not that bad, but. I sent my Albion Next Gen Squire to our very own Dan Dickinson yesterday to have him make a scabbard and suspension for it. The nice thing is since we live in the same region UPS ground delivered it to his house already! :D The bad thing is that now I have to wait for him to get the project done. :(

This is the first of my two Albions so it holds a special place for me. That and I miss having it by my bedside, even though it was in it's box. I guess my Vigil will have to do until I get it back.

I can tell you that working with Dan so far has been great. He is easy to work with and good with his communications. He also had some great ideas and was not afraid to say that he did not like an idea I had. Then suggested something that he thought would look better which I liked even better then my idea. I respect a craftsman who is not afraid to say when something either will not work or look right.

I will post more as the project moves along up until the time I receive the final product. In the meantime maybe Dan will even chime in here and let us know how things are going.

Scott
Re: Separation anxiety!
Scott Kowalski wrote:
Ok, maybe not that bad, but. I sent my Albion Next Gen Squire to our very own Dan Dickinson yesterday to have him make a scabbard and suspension for it. The nice thing is since we live in the same region UPS ground delivered it to his house already! :D The bad thing is that now I have to wait for him to get the project done. :(

This is the first of my two Albions so it holds a special place for me. That and I miss having it by my bedside, even though it was in it's box. I guess my Vigil will have to do until I get it back.

I can tell you that working with Dan so far has been great. He is easy to work with and good with his communications. He also had some great ideas and was not afraid to say that he did not like an idea I had. Then suggested something that he thought would look better which I liked even better then my idea. I respect a craftsman who is not afraid to say when something either will not work or look right.

I will post more as the project moves along up until the time I receive the final product. In the meantime maybe Dan will even chime in here and let us know how things are going.

Scott

I don't know, looks kinda like he is trying to sell it to me
http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98237

j/k, Dan is great to work with. I look forward to finally getting something going with him next year perhaps.
:eek: That isn't funny Mike! Luckily I spend time looking over at SFI and had seen this for sale by Dan. While my Squire does have an oxblood grip it does not have the antiqued fittings. :D So no big worries on my part.

On a somewhat related note. If anyone has pictures of scabbards or other work that Dan has done for you lets see them.

Scott
Just a quick update. Everything has arrived safely with Dan. He said he will be getting started next week on the scabbard and suspension. I will post a picture of the design that Dan came up with. If he is ok with it that is.

Scott
Very nice, i like the color combination. Is it going to be oxblood and brown, or red and brown? Any idea yet what shade the brown will be? I'm sure you're can't wait to get your baby back. :)
Joel Chesser wrote:
Very nice, i like the color combination. Is it going to be oxblood and brown, or red and brown? Any idea yet what shade the brown will be? I'm sure you're can't wait to get your baby back. :)

Joel,
Thank you, the scabbard is chocolate and the belt is going to be oxblood. You are correct. I cannot wait to get my baby back. Luckily for me it is not my only one though!

Scott

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: