Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Opinions on the Hanwei Practical Basket Hilt Broadsword? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
A. Spanjer

PostPosted: Thu 10 Dec, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just ordered the Antiqued version of the Scottish Basket Hilted Broadsword!

I'll post my thoughts about it when it arrives!

[Edit] I was wondering, how sharp is the antiqued version? No where near Katana sharpness right? (I'm still a bit uncomfortable with extremly sharp blades, even though I keep all of my knives as sharp as I can get them.)
A. Spanjer

PostPosted: Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It just arrived! It's beautiful! Though I wish I could have gotten the antiqued hilt without the antiqued blade, it's still very nice looking.

One thing though, the very tip of the blade is... I don't know how to describe it... like someone stabbed something hard with it? It's only a small imperfection, but I wanted to know, is this common with swords? Should I return it for a new one? Also, when it first arrived, I thought the blade was a little warped, but now I can't tell.

By the way, the basket liner seems much improved over previous models I've seen photos of. Were th older one suede?

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Opinions on the Hanwei Practical Basket Hilt Broadsword?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: