Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mounted combat video
Hi all,

We recently got our hands on some mounts and decided to do some work with mounted combat. We got most of our material from Von Danzig, but also used Talhoffer and a bit of Kal.

Keep in mind that these are early interpretations and we're putting out them out there for peer review, hoping for constructive criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLiVI3U65HY
very good for early work, i would recommend a bit more work with your mounts before diving into grappling and throws while mounted. I do have to say, that looks like a lot OF FUN!
Eric Fick wrote:
very good for early work, i would recommend a bit more work with your mounts before diving into grappling and throws while mounted. I do have to say, that looks like a lot OF FUN!

Thank you, Eric. You're right about the throws of course, but once mounted we couldn't help but explore the full range of techniques. It is a lot of fun.
Big grins on that one! :D
I can't comment on the technique, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting :lol:
i'm still laughing about it. I think i'm going to try some of that myself!
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
I can't comment on the technique, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting :lol:

Technique? You saw some technique? Where? :)
i think it was sarcasm (as to not spoil the fun for other viewers)
Eric Fick wrote:
i think it was sarcasm (as to not spoil the fun for other viewers)

I thought that would become perfectly clear as soon as the Benny Hill music started rolling. :)

I think most people will watch the video before reading the comments, so as long as the first comment isn't "LMAO!!!" then were' okay.

However, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to actually try some mounted combat techniques on those things. We might give it a shot in future...too much other stuff to work on now.
i would suggest sorting out the peddling. maybe a small motor? street children? those guys at home depot?

dunno, even with the peddling it looks like a blast. but where did you get adult sized tricycles? I want a BIG Wheel for christmas
Let's just say one of them wasn't exactly adult sized. :blush:

Last edited by Brian Hook on Sun 18 Oct, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
That one made my day :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with those.
Wow, I think you guys invented a brand new HEMA that everyone can argue about! Wait a minute! Well, I guess it isn't very historical is it? Ummmm....or particularly European, come to think of it. Martial? Well, the participants did have swords but, ....not really. Artistic? Forget about it!

It was fun though! Hysterically funny! Thanks!
Eric Fick wrote:
i would suggest sorting out the peddling. maybe a small motor? street children? those guys at home depot?

dunno, even with the peddling it looks like a blast. but where did you get adult sized tricycles? I want a BIG Wheel for christmas

I have no idea where you would get those...they belong to the school where we train.
Hmmmmm: Maybe you could actually try some real techniques if you can stop laughing long enough. ;) :p :cool:

This should come with a warning sign to not handle boiling hot coffee while watching and one should at least make up a batch of microwave popcorn before starting the clip ...... Oh, choking hazard, so maybe not a great idea.

But I just can't understand why you guys have to be so " serious " about HEMA all the time. :p :p :p ( That was friendly sarcasm and a joke for those few who might actually not get that I'm joking ...... and this disclaimer is also a joke. :p ).

Michael: Made my day. :D :cool:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
But I just can't understand why you guys have to be so " serious " about HEMA all the time.

Someone has to be, Jean. Most people in HEMA are just clowns who can't take themselves seriously. We hold the bar higher.
Really cracked me up, just hilarious! Scripted and choreographed in the best Benny Hill tradition.

Might I suggest prefacing your next production with a warning label? It would benefit those of us having a cup of coffee while viewing something so unexpected.

Well, have to get busy and clean up my monitor and keyboard.!

Cheers.....
Dan
IMHO, it is so important to take HEMA - WMA seriously in pursuit of historical data and technique. HOWEVER, a person who can not laugh at himself has major issues that should be addressed under "professional" psychiatric conditions and maybe even find a stick removal service. In contrast, a person who cannot take anything serious, is little more than a court jester and is only good for laugh and some stress release (but fun to have a beer with!)

so anyway who wants a beer! ;P
Wow. I wanna do that next. And we could do jousting as well. Woot!
Steven H wrote:
Wow. I wanna do that next. And we could do jousting as well. Woot!

Yeah, jousting for the horsemanship " challenged ", seems like an idea. ;) :D ( Only half joking ).
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: