Polishing guard
As of late I hate the way the guard looks on my Sword of Ibelin, would like it to be more shiny. I have read some about polishing and feel as though it would be a somewhat simple task however, I was wondering if it would mess up some of the lines on the guard and pommel. Also if anyone has any special techniques they use and are willing to share would be greatly appreciated as I am afraid of screwing it up.

Thanks

John
Re: Polishing guard
John Schaefer wrote:
As of late I hate the way the guard looks on my Sword of Ibelin, would like it to be more shiny. I have read some about polishing and feel as though it would be a somewhat simple task however, I was wondering if it would mess up some of the lines on the guard and pommel. Also if anyone has any special techniques they use and are willing to share would be greatly appreciated as I am afraid of screwing it up.

Thanks

John

Hi John,
You might want to check out the article "Care and maintenance of the Modern Replica" under the "Features" section of this site if you haven't already. There are some useful tips there that you might find helpful.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: