Help finding an amourer...
I found this picture on my desktop and can't seem to find the website or armourer that made it! I remember that there were other perspective shots that I would like to collect, but I can't find the website.

Does anyone recognize this and have a link to the armourer's website?

Thank you!

Attachment: 57.27 KB
cunningham11.JPG

Google is your friend.

http://www.darkheartarmoury.com/

Specific page with that piece:

http://www.darkheartarmoury.com/cunningham.htm
Thanks! I had tried Google, but must have been searching with the wrong terms, (not sure what the correct term was, but okay). I knew it had something to do with "dark", but kept thinking dark knight armoury or something like that. Wasn't finding it.

Anyway, Thank you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
WOW, that is one of the most amazing works of art I have seen in armor. I saved some images myself.
Impressive and interesting: Sort of makes me think of what a Vampire would wear or what a " normal " human would wear to scare the pants off superstitious opponents, peasants i.e. psychological warfare maybe ? But beware of the " Inquisition " wanting to burn you at the stake for it ! ;) :p :lol:
I seem to remember that there were helmets that were designed such as this one. Not to the "vampire skull" point, (as far as I know), but grotesque images nonetheless. So perhaps this isn't quite so unrealistic? Perhaps opt out of the vampire fangs, but this would intimidate opponents. At least I would think so!
they usually die
I don't know about that... guys who wear those fashions in the movies usually end up dead, and are miserable beings with all sorts of psychological problems while still alive...what was the name of that nasty immortal in the Highlander movie??
Anyway, I figure the opposing side would make an extra effort to neutralize this guy, if only for bragging rights.
Re: they usually die
Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
I don't know about that... guys who wear those fashions in the movies usually end up dead, and are miserable beings with all sorts of psychological problems while still alive...what was the name of that nasty immortal in the Highlander movie??
Anyway, I figure the opposing side would make an extra effort to neutralize this guy, if only for bragging rights.

Good point that being the " flashiest " guy on the field might attract more attention than one would want ?

On the other hand the rich nobles did go for expensive armour and weapons and would be " attractive " targets for ransom in any case. ;)

If one is using the " scary " armour it might be a good thing to actually be able to back it up with a " scary " level of fighting skills.

In any case the helm shown does have a lot of eye appeal and I might even be interested in one like it if the price wasn't too high, and not right now as I'm " trying " to budget and not buy everything that catches my eye. ;) :lol:

Now actually being a " Nasty Immortal " would be interesting assuming that the " CURSE " that usually comes with it is " fun ": Who wants to live forever if one has to kill everything one loves as an example with the less savoury Vampire myths. :p
Nathan Gilleland wrote:
I seem to remember that there were helmets that were designed such as this one. Not to the "vampire skull" point, (as far as I know), but grotesque images nonetheless. So perhaps this isn't quite so unrealistic? Perhaps opt out of the vampire fangs, but this would intimidate opponents. At least I would think so!

As far as I know, the grotesque helmets of around 1500 were mostly for parade purposes.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: