Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Christian Fletcher / John Lundemo collaboration- Elven Saber
Damascus saber blade by John Lundemo, hiltwork by Christian Fletcher.

Attachment: 26.23 KB
P1030535.jpg

Attachment: 46.17 KB
P1030536.jpg

Attachment: 48.3 KB
P1030537.jpg

Attachment: 43.98 KB
P1030541.jpg

Attachment: 54.17 KB
P1030547.jpg

Last edited by Christian Fletcher on Tue 25 Aug, 2009 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Wow! You have really outdone yourself Christian! Spectacular. The blade and the hilt together form a exceptional piece. Outstanding work. I really like the leaf motiff. It seems to translate really well into that style guard.
Christ, that's gorgeous. A little fanciful, but beautiful none the less.
Awesome... I'm getting excited to start on my Christian Fletcher saber after looking at this beautiful piece....
Stunning work to both of you gentlemen!!!

Christian, do you have a scabbard planed for this?

Congrats to the luck person who will own this treasure.

Cheers

Jason
Ok, in my books, that is now officially the coolest sword made in the last hundred years. Great work both of you. I can see that a lot of time has gone into that piece, not just in the execution, but in conception too. I'm very impressed.
Wow! ok, my jaw is off the floor, checking for any drool on the keyboard... Most elogent, such grace!

Outstanding work by top artisans!
Wow. I mean, WOW. This is one of only a handful of pieces that at first sight made me immediately start whining "I WANT IT!!!" like a little kid. :lol: (The others being the Doge, the A&A silvered smallsword, and that Barta inlaid rapier.)

Exquisite work, gentlemen. :)
the hilt is gorgeous i love the way it flows with the blade, But the leafs on the hilt make me think about the elven brooch in LOTR (Lord of the rings).

in anyway a true masterpiece :D
Stunning.

M.
beautiful!
That is beautiful, I especially like the lines in the grip and pommel.
Simply amazing. Well done.
The grip is fantastic. :)
Kind regards
Maurizio
Forged of pure Awesome in the fires of Win!

That is one of the most gorgeous swords I've ever seen, period.

......Scabbard! scabbard!!!
Absolutely beautiful workmanship ! the detail on the pommel is beautiful.

Eyal Azerad
Darksword Armory
www.darksword-armory.com
Very intersting work.
functional fantasy
Now that is a nice piece, fantasy without a doubt, but one can't help but feel that such a sword would hold its own in the field...functional fantasy. The guard with the rings, curved quillons, adorned with leaves, leave the impression that the decorations add defensive value for the hand, while still remaining fairly light, and the heft of the added metal must help in balancing what seems to be a fairly stout blade....nice work, who will be handling it? Will comments be posted?
Cheers, JC
Very classy piece! It has all the qualities the perfect fantasy sword should have... flair, apparent effectiveness, originality, good composition...

I would like to see more detailed pictures of the blade. I don't know if it's because of the lack of contrast on my computer screen but I can't see the damascus really well...

Anyway, great job guys! :cool:
It doesn't work for me personally. While the skill of both parties is undeniable, the combination of this hilt style and blade shape just doesn't go well together. I would have prefered to see a longer and/or more slender blade combined with that hilt, or at least a blade without such a stubby point. As I said, the work is beautiful but the proportions leave me cold.
One of those few items I feel like I could reach through the screen and touch, the detail work is brilliant =)

I can almost feel the weight of the blade and the coolness of the leafy guard surrounding my hand..

The shape of the grip gives me an Idea though, I would love to see a similar sword made with the grip in the form of a flower bud in deep blue or maroon and the guard with leaves and thorns surrounding it as if the blade is the stem of the flower...

Or if the pommel was one closed flower and the guard was other flowers blooming and leaves..

Imagine this image with the top closed flower as a pommel and the of the leaves and blooms as a guard....
https://www.eleni-wedding-accessories.co.uk/imagesproducts/93228a.jpg

or something like that ;) - not exactly a mans sword but hey, I'm just throwing the idea out there.

as far as it looking like a 'fantasy' sword - some people make fantasy sound like a bad word when talking about swords - in my humble opinion if you want to create something that looks interesting and unique then all the better =) and who is to say that some noble with a flare for style wouldn't have his sword decorated?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: