Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > help w/ a 13th cent. crusader kit. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Nathan Quarantillo

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

ooh, i have not looked into that. good idea. okay, so for the meantime (i actaully do have a large appreciation for historically probible ) untill i have the means to make historically probible, ill have to go with plauseble. here i am meinly trying to essemble a budget consionsios functional, protective kit. i will get into the technicallities later when the funding comes available. haha, Rods my hero too!!!! Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud
"Id rather be historically accurate than politically correct"
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You could save some money with not wearing helmet. Many of the guys in the Maciejowski Bible don't have helmets, just coifs, although they have full mail armor, shields and swords.
Sam Gordon Campbell

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Luka Borscak wrote:
Many of the guys in the Maciejowski Bible don't have helmets, just coifs, although they have full mail armor, shields and swords.

True, but I'd assume for safety reasons one might need something a bit sturdier than just a coif. Eek!
Then again, maybe they're wearing those pot-helmet things under the mail for fashion?

Oh, with regard to the threads topic, save money, keep searching, ask and hopefully in the end you'll get what you want.

Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.
David Clark

PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Quarantillo wrote:
...The stuff at ringmesh, ppl on other furoms have told be that its super durable and light. (its all welded and stainless. very inaccurate, but easy to maintain and not goin to fall apart on me.

I have been following this thread for quite a while now and I just wanted to give another + grade to ringmesh's product. I recently purchased some so that I could fight competitively in the SCA heavy style (This is important as I am kinda small) and still look at least semi-historical. So far it hasn't lost any rings, nor does its weight affect my performance much, which is a good thing considering it is only for looks not for actual protection (I am wearing hidden armour on my knees, chest, and back). I just thought Nathan might appreciate some pics to see what it looks like on a kit.

Nathan Quarantillo

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

thanks for the looks. can you tell me, is that one of thier full tunics? how is it tailored? does it fit well? and if it can stand up to heavy-style impact, than it gets my attention Laughing Out Loud haha, thats a scary helm! big psychological punch there!
"Id rather be historically accurate than politically correct"
Bart Zantingh

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Rod Walker wrote:

Rod, would that green jouster on your picture, by any chance, be Joram van Essen?

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

-Matthew 16:24, as used in Pope Urban II's preachings prior to the First Crusade
Bart Zantingh

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Rod Walker wrote:

Rod, would that green jouster on your picture, by any chance, be Joram van Essen?

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

-Matthew 16:24, as used in Pope Urban II's preachings prior to the First Crusade

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > help w/ a 13th cent. crusader kit.
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: