Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > need help with research Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: need help with research         Reply with quote

I am interested in developing a persona for attending Ren Faire's and would like to make it as acurate as possible within my budget. I would like to do this in part by basing my persona off of a historical character. The time period is 1410-1420, the knight's name is Richard Acherton. I found his name in a list of knights who fought at Agincourt.

I tried searching to see if I could find a geneology for him, a list of noble things he did, land he might have owned, what his coat of arms was, etc. But I couldn't, even after three days of web browsing.

Does anyone here have information on this particular knight, or if not him, another knight from the battle of Agincourt, including their coat of arms? (Preferably a younger knight.)

Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not to discourage you, but it's quite possible that Richard Acherton is only mentioned in passing a single medieval chronicle, and that's all the information we have on him. Based on the fact that you couldn't turn up anything with your search, it sounds like this might be the case. Your best bet might be to look up a set of Acherton arms online- while they may not be identical to what he wore, they're probably the best you can do.

Maybe someone else here on myArmoury can help you more.
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Sat 08 Aug, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Perfectly understandable, and that fact may be better by giving me more freedom to create a unique character.

But to satisfy my curiosity, does anyone have the information I requested initially about another English knight who fought at Agincourt?

Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > need help with research
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic