Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My Odinblades Zweihander Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 09 Aug, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jared Smith wrote:
J. Abernethy wrote:
I wanted to put together a journal type image gallery like you were saying Jared. But I didn't get enough images.

http://www.abernethy-zweihander.blogspot.com/

Maybe its just my peculiar individual area of interest, but, I can envision your sword in this forum's reviews and gallery section. If it were me, I would request a certificate from the maker with some description of the materials, forging methods, and heat treat facility required/ used. If nothing else, it would add resale value to it (for knowledgeable buyers) if you decided to part with it in the future. It is possible they will not want to reveal too many of their techniques. However, they should be proud enough to eagerly furnish such a certificate in addition to the simple maker's mark on the blade.
Hi, thanks for all your comments on the sword. I did the heat treat by myself in my own shop. The blade was signed Lundemo and Rados, no certificate is needed:)I can answer most of your questions in the manufacturers section here at myArmoury
J. Abernethy

PostPosted: Sun 09 Aug, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jared Smith wrote:
Maybe its just my peculiar individual area of interest, but, I can envision your sword in this forum's reviews and gallery section. If it were me, I would request a certificate from the maker with some description of the materials, forging methods, and heat treat facility required/ used. If nothing else, it would add resale value to it (for knowledgeable buyers) if you decided to part with it in the future. It is possible they will not want to reveal too many of their techniques. However, they should be proud enough to eagerly furnish such a certificate in addition to the simple maker's mark on the blade.

I would be honored to have this sword in the reviews section of myArmoury! Im sure John would aswell. Though I dont know the process of setting it up or getting it approved. Thanks again for your enthusiasm, its nice to hear others are pleased with how this sword came out.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Abernethy wrote:
Jared Smith wrote:

I would be honored to have this sword in the reviews section of myArmoury! Im sure John would aswell. Though I dont know the process of setting it up or getting it approved. Thanks again for your enthusiasm, its nice to hear others are pleased with how this sword came out.

Get in touch with Nathan or Chad in a P.M. and I think there are guide lines and support ( Advice: You get some help with reviews or with writing feature articles ) on how to structure the review as well as pic criteria etc ..... ( No harm in asking, but I could be wrong about the details. Wink )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Abernethy wrote:

The easiest way for anyone interested in writing a review or submitting a piece for review is to go to the Contribute section and click the link to submit a hands-on review. Fill out the form and we'll take the ball from there. We have templates and samples for the text and a full photo guide to help with pics.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
J. Abernethy

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks guys, ill submit the form and go from there. Im very excited, and I think this sword would be a great candidate for review. I dont think there is a review of a Zweihander in the review section so it would be a nice addition.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Abernethy wrote:
Thanks guys, ill submit the form and go from there. Im very excited, and I think this sword would be a great candidate for review. I dont think there is a review of a Zweihander in the review section so it would be a nice addition.

A difficulty is trying to be objective and talk about any small flaws or negatives you might find: In some cases these might be things that don't really bother you or you think are really trivial, but should be mentioned as they might bother someone else.

Probably won't be an issue here as I don't think there would be much to find on the negative side with this sword and if you can't find anything negative you also don't want to bend over backwards overcompensating and nitpick something really trivial. Wink

In any case a full review of a Zweihander including handling is something I look forward to but you shouldn't feel obliged to do test cutting with it as it's a premium high end piece of art and even relatively soft targets like melons can stain the finish.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
J. Abernethy

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean, thank you for understanding my hesitation to cut with this monster. John told me not to worry about cutting with it as far as hurting the sword in anyway, but my lack of skills and overall desire not to harm the finish prohibits me from trying. It will be hard to find something I dont like about the sword when it comes to being objective. I will look hard, and ask John if there was anything he would have changed or done differently. Thanks for your input, your advice is invaluable to me!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My Odinblades Zweihander
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: