Go to page 1, 2  Next

Albion Vigil; Custom Handmade Scabbard (yes, it's different)
Hello myArmoury community!

I'd like to share with everyone my new favorite scabbard, the Albion Vigil! This one incorporated some new technique & design. The grip was redone from the standard 'twist' that Albion provides. The coloring is a aged tan & aged mahogany, along with a uniquely aged chape.

Also, something new I'm going to be offering! Custom symbol bluing on the pommel & blade. Please take notice to the cross symbol on the pommel.

As always, commentary & opinions are welcome! Thanks for looking and enjoy. More images can be seen on my website.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Your work keeps getting better and better and each time it seems like it couldn't possibly be better ! WOW :cool:
Wow, very impressive! I love how the cross motif is repeated in the pommel, 'body' of the scabbard, and chape without using the same design.

I'm also still on the fence about Albion's standard spiral grip for the Vigil, but I definitely like how it looks with the cord risers and the 'regular' wrap. It's also amazing how much the blued cross does for the pommel.

I am curious, what is the reason for the loops at the top where the belt shows through being different sizes? It looks like the two on the left and the three on the right are significantly different in size.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Your work keeps getting better and better and each time it seems like it couldn't possibly be better ! WOW :cool:

Thank you very much.

Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
Wow, very impressive! I love how the cross motif is repeated in the pommel, 'body' of the scabbard, and chape without using the same design.

I'm also still on the fence about Albion's standard spiral grip for the Vigil, but I definitely like how it looks with the cord risers and the 'regular' wrap. It's also amazing how much the blued cross does for the pommel.

I am curious, what is the reason for the loops at the top where the belt shows through being different sizes? It looks like the two on the left and the three on the right are significantly different in size.

Thank you very much as well.

The slit's are sized differently mostly for artistic inclination's. The left side is where all the stress is, and the right has none. So for artistic and structural integrity I often choose to make them look the way they do. But it's mostly for look's, depending on the scabbard, and it is a unique style for me I suppose, as no other scabbard maker does it that I am aware of.
Impressive and stunning work! That's all I can really say.
Man! I don't know how you do it. Every new scabbard you post seems better than the last and the last one was pretty damn nice! This piece is flawless.
This is the one you told me to look out for. Well, you were right; forget the gladius, I will call you and get a spot for my Knight tomorrow :).

The tooling is the best I have seen from you yet; elegant and intricate, but somehow simple (in a good way) at the same time. Also love the details, like the tooling in between the laces on the buckle end of the belt. Will be in touch..
Nice!
Excellent work as usual.

This may be a trade secret but how do you 'darken' the narrow lines in the scabbard?
This is the most impressive one yet, I'm glad I decided to take the leap and get on the list.

I especially love the tooling on the scabbard and the cut-out in the chape, let's keep these in mind. ;)
Same feeling patrick I count the days now lol, awe inspiring just darn awe inspiring keep it up. Now it will be hard to out due this one I can't wait to see what comes out next.
Very nice scabbard! I particularly like the intricate motif in the center that makes me think "tree".

Can we get a shot of the back side?

M.
Another signature piece Brian. Congratulations.

We all expect you to top it on the next one.
Allen Foster wrote:
Another signature piece Brian. Congratulations.

We all expect you to top it on the next one.

Well no pressure there. :eek: :lol: :cool:
Yikes! :eek:

Thank's everyone, though not every scabbard I do will top the previous. That's a tall order. What's amazing to me is how many different ways a scabbard can look, and not just subtle differences either. I've come up with some dramatically different look's, it's really cool. Technique, color, finish all make a difference in the outcome.

As for a backside shot, I'll try to if I get some time.
Brian K. wrote:

The slit's are sized differently mostly for artistic inclination's. The left side is where all the stress is, and the right has none. So for artistic and structural integrity I often choose to make them look the way they do. But it's mostly for look's, depending on the scabbard, and it is a unique style for me I suppose, as no other scabbard maker does it that I am aware of.

Ah, that makes sense. I assumed you did it intentionally, but I hadn't seen it before.
Well Brian, I hope that you are happy. You are going to hear a disparaging word from me about one of your rigs. ;) This one is just killing my wallet as I have a Vigil and you are the man who I plan on making the rig for. So please stop posting these superlative rigs already until my finances get back on better ground. Please?

In all seriousness. I really like how this one turned out. I like the grip work as well though the spiral grip does not bother me so that will stay. I think the attention to the small details is what really makes your work so good.

Now stop taunting me would you? :cry:

Scott
Scott Kowalski wrote:

Just go ahead and give in like I did, it's so much easier. :D
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Scott Kowalski wrote:

I would love to Patrick. Eventually I will too. Right now business is down and with my wife just having gotten a job as a TA at the end of the school year we are a one income family until the school year starts. Once that happens though and things get back to normal at work! :D

Scott
Scott Kowalski wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Scott Kowalski wrote:

I would love to Patrick. Eventually I will too. Right now business is down and with my wife just having gotten a job as a TA at the end of the school year we are a one income family until the school year starts. Once that happens though and things get back to normal at work! :D

Scott

Then you should be fine ordering now; Brian's wait list currently extends into April :)
Wow, that is absolutely stunning! I am SPEECHLESS. You do phenomenal work, my friend.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: