Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nathan Robinson wrote:
You're going to have to take my word for it when I say that the sword is far from mediocre. Of the three I've seen so far, they're all worth at least twice what the asking price was. Far from mediocre.

The scabbard is excellent, Brian.

Potayto, potahto. :D

I bought one of these for my youngest son a while back and thought it was a very good buy for what it is, but far from top shelf or really outstanding. However, Brians work turns it into something I'd actually want to add to my personal collection.
JG Elmslie wrote:
Brian K. wrote:

I'll get back to you on the throat pic's, as I don't have any right now.

I guess it depends on how thick the edge is. I've made scabbards for blunt's before, in fact this particular scabbard is a blunt, but of course Windlass blunt edges are fairly thin. My question would be, how chewed up is the edge or would it become after use, because that would definitely affect the fit down the road. I could use a different technique that allowed for plenty of edge damage, if that is the case, but it wouldn't be a 'fit's like a glove' fit. But it would look good, and that would be the point, right?!? :cool:

thanks for that - I'll look forward to the pics - to discuss commissions for reenactment use, I'll likely discuss that via email or the likes when my cashflow is a bit more secure...been laid off work for a while due to RSI :/

I've decided that sharing pic's that can lead to 'how it's done' would be against my better judgement. Sorry.
He he cant hold that against a craftsman Brian ;)

At SBG a member has got to talking about this blade heaps and this virtually confirms my need to try and hunt one of the last ones down :)
Brian K. wrote:

I've decided that sharing pic's that can lead to 'how it's done' would be against my better judgement. Sorry.

that's understandable.
it was as much a case of working out about tolerances for the reenactment blades. as I said, should I look at commissions, I'll look at sending a private message or email.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: