Hello,

In an Italian site is tested swords. This site is written, we hardly enter in detail. Knowing the type of steel, or method of construction, we are not interested. The swords are tested for six months. This test is done by the same person in real fighting. Every 15 days the photos are taken to see the blade. The fighting takes place with several swords and shields different. The swords remain with the damage without being re-polished.
There are rules to determine if a sword is better than another?
Let me explain better, let's make a hypothesis: the edge of my sword is 1 mm and the opponent's sword is 2 mm.
The weight of my sword is 1.5 kg. the opponent's sword 2 kg. ect ect. Perhaps, even if the quality of my sword is better perhaps suffer more damage because some elements are not equal.

Another thing: the sword is used by historical re-enactments, some theatrical fighting, the sword will ruin a lot. It is not good.
The sword is used by students WMA is considered good and will ruin a little bit. It is obvious that the way to fight is important.
At the same handling, I think that if it passes the test of re-enactments, it is certainly good. I speak of resistance to impacts, of course.
Is there a way to determine if a sword is better than another, although the thicknesses are different and have different weights?
Photos taken from the website:

Attachment: 2.89 KB
tacca 1.jpg