Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Greetings!

My last update in this year. I wish to share with you almost complete harness set for middle of XIV c. It was based on compilation of sources like effigiess, sculputres, iconography and also surviving armour pieces from about 1340-1360.

Arm and leg harness made of anatomicaly formed leather, wax boiled and dyed to oxblood color. Steel elements made of medium carbon steel, heat hardened and tempered up to 38-42 HRC.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Coat of plates also made from medium carbon steel, heat hardened and tempered. Covered with printed red linien. Arming chains based on surviving examples from 'Puzzle Armour' from Inglostadt:
http://www.wallacecollection.org/blog/2014/03/the-puzzle-armour/

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Bascinet with nasal made of mild steel. Heat hardened and tempered up to 30 HRC. Nose guard inspired by surviving example from Netherlands.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Currently the great helm for this set is under construction and I should be able to share with the final result soon.

More photos as always you can find on my website.

I wish you all Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
I wish to kindly inform that I have some free spots in work schedule in first half of 2016 (March/April/May). If you are interested in some custom made, high quality historical armour reproduction please don't hesitate to contact with me.
Greetings

After longer pause here I wish to present some news from my workshop.

First of all the great helm - fulfilment of mid. XIV set which I present last time, wear over the bascinet http://www.platener.eu/bascinet_with_nasal_midXIVc_9.html Made of various thickness of steel: 2,5 mm; 2 mm and 1,5 mm. Heat hardened and tempered up to 30 HRC.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Next are gothic leg harness for late XV c, made from customer specification. Fully made of medium carbon steel of various thickness. Upper legs heat hardened and tempered up to 40-42 HRC. Also for this project I made the steel buckless: http://www.platener.eu/gothic_leg_harness_in_progress_10.html

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Gothic couters and forearms, late XV c. Made to refer the design with above legs harness. Couters raised from a cone. Fully made of medium carbon steel and heat hardened and tempered up to 40-42 HRC.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

And last but not least another pieces from XIV c. - bascinet with side mounted klappvisier visor. Heat hardened and tempered up to 30 HRC. It have hand sewn lining and wedge riveted avential from 9 mm rings.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

More photos you can find on my website.
...candies ...absolutly ... :)
Thank you very much Patryk :)
Good day!

I wish to share with some news.

Armour set for middle of XIV c. on it owner (without the great helm here). Photo made by https://www.facebook.com/verabosfotografie/

[ Linked Image ]

Visored bascinet with so called frogmouth visor. Based on iconography from end of XIV c. and begin of XV c. Skull made from two halves raised on hot from 2,5 mm steel. Visor raised on hot from one piece of 2 mm steel. All made of high quality mild steel of 0,3% carbon content. All heat hardened and tempered up to 30 HRC. Helmet in blackened finish. With hand sewn lining (linen with wool felt) and riveted mail.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

And finally my first XVI c. armour piece. Close helmet based on example of Nuremberg origin, c. 1520, currently in Musée de l'Armée in Paris. All made without welding from high quality 2 mm mild steel of 0,3% carbon content. Steel thickness change after raising process, for bowl it's at range of 2,5-3 mm on the top and about 2 mm on the side edges. All engravings are hand made. Equipped with plume holder.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

For more photos I invite you to my website.

Last edited by Piotr H. Feret on Thu 15 Sep, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fantastic work, as always!
Wow, the 14th century full set is absolutely astonishing! Thanks for this beautiful work!
Thank you very much Sean and Guillaume :)
Piotr, your armor is as much a work of art as it is functional (as I recall you have BOTN/ICMF fighters in your harnesses).

Stunning craftsmanship, Bravo!
Gorgeous 14thC harness. Actually everything you do is gorgeous!
Thank you very much Gary and Rod for good words, I'm pleased to read them :) And yes Gary, I have also made some harness for BOTN/IMCF fighters, as well as for reenactors, jousters and collectors.
Hi Piotr

I'm amazed by the quality of what you do. Do you have a price list somewhere on your website?

Andrew
Thank you Andrew :) I don't have price list directly on my website, however I have sent you PM with some prices and more information.
I'm really impressed!

The armour pieces are beautifully crafted and very faithful to their historical counterparts. My eyes really rested on the "alla tedesca" that was made into Italian 15th century style breastplate with pauldrons and tassets.

Have you considered making armets? I was browsing through your helmets but didn't see any. Although I immediately recognized the bascinet that you have made for Ian LaSpina, and that was when I was assured that you are a great blacksmith. I'll be sure to keep your site on my bookmarks!
Thank you very much for good words, I really appreciate it :)

So far I didn't have opportunity to make a armet, it will be nice to make one in the future.
I wish you health, happines and all the best for Christmas, happy New Year and only successful historical reconstructions in 2017!

[ Linked Image ]
Greetings

I wish to share with you here with most interesting armour pieces which I have made within the last half year.

At first armour set (without gauntlets) which is one of possible version of harness depict by men-at-arms from silver altar of St. James in Pistoia Cathedral. All pieces are finished to rough satin finish - more suitable for men-at-arms- with some marks after forging, raising and hammering and also with some minor scratches after grinding.

At first breastplate with V-pointed fauld in downward lapping construction this time.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Arm harness articulated on internal leather straps with small round spaulders.

[ Linked Image ]

Leg harness with poleyns which have addtional "hoods" and interior wings.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Helmet is based on two sources: skull on bascinet from Sion and visor on klappvisier from Marburg, University Museum, Inv.-Nr. 185. For the visor I made additional vent holes on left side and divided eye slot into small rectangles for better protection.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Poleyns based on effigy of Sir John Blanchefront, circa 1350.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Breastplate made from medium carbon steel 2 mm and 1,5 mm (side plates). Based on effigy of Eberhard von Rosenberg, circa 1387. Equipped with lance rest (based on Churburg CH13 piece) and handmade very solid steel buckles. Heat hardened and tempered up to 42 HRC.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

That's all for now and more photos you can find on my website.
If I had about a million in the bank....YOU would be a VERY busy man! Outstanding work! ;) ....McM
Thank you very much Mark! I'm not so expensive craftsman...so maybe half million will be enough ;)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Page 5 of 9

Jump to: