Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

It's time to present some new stuff:

Norman helmet:

[ Linked Image ]

Klappvisior bascinet with complete lining and riveted aventail:

[ Linked Image ]

Soon I will add photos of improve version of hardened Churburg arm harness.
Ohh, they look very nice. If I may ask, how much would you charge for a normal helm such as that? I've been looking at your website but there is no price indication (at least, not on the English version).
Thank you Sander.
I send you PM with prices.
I add photos of new version of hardened arm harness based on Churburg arms CH18 with spaulders:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

They are made of medium carboon steel of different thickness: 1,5 mm, 1,2 mm and 1 mm. Weight of one arm is 1,2 kilos and spaulder 500 grams, so they are very light. They final hardness is 38 - 42 HRC = 372 - 416 VHP.

More photos on my webiste.

I'm preparing now a new section with photos during the producions of various harness.
I add new photos of gauntlets with new fingers version and closed cuff:

[ Linked Image ]

On my webiste you can also find new version of Churburg leg harness.

New section appeared: Fabrication Process. I will published there photos of various pieces during the manufacturing. Here are few examples:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Some new stuff appeared on my website:

Hourglass gauntlets made on hot without welding from medium carbonn steel. There are a reproduction of gauntlets from effigy of polish prince Henryk Pobozny:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

New version of breastplate with ridge, made on hot from 1,5 mm medium carboon steel. Weight is 2,6 kilos :

[ Linked Image ]

And XIII c. kettle hat, made of 1,5 mm medium carboon steel:

[ Linked Image ]

More photos on www.platener.eu
You said that it is made from 1.5mm but is the final version 1.5mm thick? If so that sounds way on the light side of things.
Quote:
You said that it is made from 1.5mm but is the final version 1.5mm thick?

I start work with 1,5 mm medium carboon steel, after forging, planishing and grinding it's final thickness is about 1,2 - 1,4 mm.
It's time to present few new armour parts.

Some arm and leg harness from the middle of XIV c.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Full arm harness for late XIV c.

[ Linked Image ]

And most interesting is hardened breastplate with skirt based on exposition of men-at-arms from altar in Pistoia cathedral, dated about 1370 c.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

I invite you to my website to see more photos.
I know nothing about armor...but, I gotta say I love your first XIII c. reproduction and the rest that you have shared no less amazing...
Thank you very much Ben :D
Finally I have made my first hundsgugel bascinet. Helmet based on A69 visored bascinet from Wallace Collection.
The skull was welded from two hot raised 2,5 mm steel pieces but the visor was made from one 2 mm steel piece.
More pictures of ready helmet are here http://www.platener.eu/helmy_en.html

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Some pictures during the production you can find here http://www.platener.eu/wprodukcji_en.html

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
lovely stuff Piotr !!! ...really very nice :)
That looks very nice! Can you tell us how much it weighs? Or did you already ship it off to the customer?
Thank you Patryk and Sander:)
I still have helmet and I had already put it on balance. The weight of the helmet is 3,8 kg. Original A69 piece have 2,87 kg.
Today I want to shear with you few new pieces which I made since last update of my website.

The most interesting news is a great bascinet fully made from medium carbon steel, heat hardened and tempered to hardness about 40-42 HRC. The skull and the visor are hot raised, each from one piece of steel. It's my first halmet with skull made from one piece of steel, and this was a big task to manage.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

The skull was made from the circle of 2 mm thick steel, after many many days of raising the thick on the top is about 3-3,2 mm and on the bottom edges about 2 mm thick.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Bascinet after heat hardening and tempering process:

[ Linked Image ]

And finished helmet:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

More photos of the helmet and during the raising process on my website:
http://www.platener.eu/helmy_en.html
http://www.platener.eu/wprodukcji_en.html

Also there are other news, for example:

Klappvisier bascinet based on helmet from Germany, dated 1350-1370:

[ Linked Image ]

Full greaves with sabatons for second half of XIV c.

[ Linked Image ]
I want to share with you few new pieces which I have made:

Full plate arm harness based on effigy of Edward The Black Prince. Made from medium carboon steel, heat hardened and tempered:

[ Linked Image ]

Hundsgugel bascinet based on helmet CH16 from Churburg. Made from medium carboon steel, skull welded from two halves of 2 mm steel and visor raised on hot from single piece of 1,5 mm steel. Weight 3,2 kilos.

[ Linked Image ]

Fluted breastplate based on sculpture of Saint George dated on 1400-1420:

[ Linked Image ]

More photos and more new pieces you can see on my website.
Lovely work Piotr :-)

I once tried a little armour making. I have the greatest respect for your craft.
Piotr,
The great bacinet and your new projects are really beautiful. Your work just keeps getting better all the time.
I always look forward to something new by you. Well done.
Thank you Peter Johnsson and Peter Cowan :) That give me motivation to try make better and better armour.

This time I wish to present you some interesting news which I made recently.

My third helmet with skull raised from one piece of steel. This time it's klappvisier bascinet inspired by italian iconography from second half of XIV c. It's made fully from medium carboon steel, heat hardened and tempered.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

The leg harness inspired by inconography from begin of XV c. The most unusually is poleyn which is made from steel and brass gilded.

[ Linked Image ]

I add new fully heat hardened arm harness for late XIV/begin of XV c.

[ Linked Image ]

Also in the topic of leg harness I update some older models: the Churburg and Charles VI harness. In "Full suites" section I add a set for the begin of XV c. More photos on my website.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Page 2 of 9

Jump to: