legends of japan pictures needed
hi all, i wanted to discuss about the swords of many legendary men from japan. i came across this site today but i didn't find any authentic pictures of the swords of these men to compare.

here's the site and i hope i can find some info or pictures of these swords:
http://www.tozandoshop.com/URLrewrite.asp?404..._s/133.htm
it seems that no one have info on the swords.... i'll try to look deeper on google.
Hello Etienne... Tozando is a pretty well-known iai company and a brief glance at that list seems accurate enough from what I know. For instance, the Uesugi Kenshin koshirae is definitely typical of the historical Kenshin style.

Individually confirming each of these koshirae will be tricky, and it's possible some of them might be based on stories (e.g., "this person was said to carry a sword by this smith") rather than any extant blade. For instance, the Katsu Kaishu sword is said to be a tribute to him, with a Hizen Tadayoshi-style hamon, rather than a copy of a specific sword known to be owned by him.

EDIT: attaching a photo of kenshin koshirae from Fred Weissberg's site.

Also, the Musashi koshirae seem to be based partly on his double-ring tsuba which he is said to have designed (not sure how accurate that is) but didn't necessarily use on his own swords. Not that I want to steer you from myArmoury, but there is a Sword Forum thread on this that might interest you.

Attachment: 88.98 KB
Uesugi Kenshin koshirae [ Download ]
thank you gabriel im a new fan of the shinsen gumi but my three favourite are Hijikata Toshizo, Saito Hajime and okita soji

do you have anything about them exept the things we found on wikipedia?
I don't have anything on hand, but I'm sure you can find some good stuff with Google. For instance, here is the actual koshirae for the Kanesada blade owned by Hijikata Toshizo, as shown in the Hijikata Toshizo Museum.

Attachment: 9.78 KB
kanesada.jpg

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: