Go to page 1, 2  Next

SFI offline?
does anyone know what the deal is at SFI? I can't get on-it seems to have disappeared.
Hi Justin,

Seems like they're down-- I can't get them either.

David
It looks like it isn't limited to just arizona and england--I can't go there either.
It was down last night as well. What the _____? :confused:
LOL! We are such junkies.

Albion's site goes down for a couple days, we all panick. SFI goes down, same thing.

And I'm right with you guys, too! :)
Yeah, can't access SFI here either.

It was strange, yesterday I was receiving a few topic reply notifications from SFI even though I couldn't access the site. Now, nothing. Complete silence and the site still can't be found.
I am actually relieved, in a selfish way, that others are having problems. I just retired my old computer for a MAC yesterday, which entails getting rid of Juno. When I finally got the new computer on line, I thought it was a system problem on my end preventing access.
I noticed it too... I had some practical questions that I was going to research at SFI... it was down so I came here straightway to find out what was up.

Nice to know there are multiple nodes for connecting our community.

Martin
The site itself is running, and some folks here and there can access it. But most of us cannot. Something "downstream" from the actual SFI server is down...........

Its being worked on.......

This happened before, two, three years ago. The site was "down" at that time for three to four days.........
Central California seems to be out, also. I did still get a notification of a response, though - quite odd.
Not that there is much point in posting this since the topic is well covered, but still down for me at least.
DNS problems?
It's been down for me too (central, CA)

I did a quick whois...

Domain Name: SWORDFORUM.COM

Record expires on 04-Jun-2004.
Record created on 05-Jun-1998.
Database last updated on 12-Jun-2004 14:02:01 EDT.

Perhaps someone didn't renew their domain name this year?

Since some people can get access, i assume that the entry hasn't filtered out of the DNS network yet.

since the site is still working, can someone please post the IP?

(soo addicted...)

--kevin
Re: DNS problems?
Yep. They let the Domain Name expire.

Kevin Murakoshi wrote:
It's been down for me too (central, CA)

Record expires on 04-Jun-2004.
Record created on 05-Jun-1998.
Database last updated on 12-Jun-2004 14:02:01 EDT.

DUDE BUY IT!! hahahahhahah

that would be so crazy if SFI no longer existed! lol hahahha

make it a online foral boutique !!!!!
Adrian renewed the Domain Name today. The site should be "up" again in the next 24 hrs or so.
Buy swordforum.com ... turn it into a forum about collectable wallhangers. ;)

On a more serious note, it's good that they have the domain again. I'm surprised they let it expire! Most registrars will email you to let you know your domain is going to expire...
David Stokes wrote:
DUDE BUY IT!! hahahahhahah

that would be so crazy if SFI no longer existed! lol hahahha

make it a online foral boutique !!!!!

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Bob
Timothy Gulics wrote:
Buy swordforum.com ... turn it into a forum about collectable wallhangers. ;)

On a more serious note, it's good that they have the domain again. I'm surprised they let it expire! Most registrars will email you to let you know your domain is going to expire...

I would imagine Adrian and them have just been a bit distracted these past few days, bless 'em.

Bob
OK, there are some of us who have little reason to love SFI, but please keep negative remarks to yourself.
You're right. Given all the mail he's probably getting about the Don fund, he likely overlooked any domain name stuff.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: