Albion Valkyrja: Custom Handmade Scabbard
Hello myArmoury Community!

I would like to share my latest commission, the Albion Valkyrja!

It's always a difficult task coming up with a scabbard design for a highly embellished sword such as the Valkyrja. It's really easy to over do it, and get too busy. After some trial & error I came up with this scabbard. The journey from the beginning to the end was one of the most challenging yet. In the end though, I believe I came to a rather satisfactory result.

Please feel free to comment, as always, and thanks for looking. More (larger) images can be found on my website.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Gasp! Wow! that is gorgeous. Your work gets better and better. This is perfect. The simple wooden bridge is such a good choice for this. The dteails are great....I could go on and on. Perfect!
That's a beautiful compliment to a beautiful sword, BK. Although one could
consider it, I don't think you'd want to do a plain, no-nonsense scabbard for
The Valkyrja. The fine work on the hilt and pommel demands something to
unite with. I can't say much more than that ... B-)
Great work as usual. :D :cool:

The decorations really match the style of the hilt decorations and I can see where it could be easy and tempting to overdo it with too much detail, but you seem to have found the ideal balance between simplicity and decoration in this scabbard.
I find it somewhat surprising that you decided not to include an embellished metal throat, but I think it's good choice. It prevents the scabbard from "stealing the show", if you know what I mean.

Excellent leather work, all in good taste... The matching dragon really gives the feeling that the scabbard and the sword belong together, without it being to obvious... like if you decided to go with a bronze metal throat matching the guard decoration...

Brian, you rock. :cool:
I've not seen much talk about that sword in a while! Very nice scabbard, very eye catching.

M.
Great work! Really fits the sword.
Thank you everyone. It's an honor for me to be able to display my craft to an audience, and I thank everyone for the positive feedback.
When I placed the order for this sword from Albion, I asked if I could pre-order the last (100th) one made. They agreed and this is what they sent me in the end, "The last Valkyrja" or so I assume.

I thought the sword deserved a special scabbard and that's why I asked Brian if he would do the honors. I don't know if anyone can appreciate how difficult it is to do the kind of leather work Brian does at the level he does. I now have a scabbard I believe was fit for the sword of a Viking princess.

Thanks Brian. Please put me in line for a scabbard for my Albion Arn before your wait list gets too long again.

Allen Foster

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: