For Sale: 2 Jason Dingledine Customs + A&A Irish Sword
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I have a new custom project to fund and am now a proud first-time home owner, so I unfortunately need to shuffle my collection a bit. The following 3 blades are for sale, prices including UPS ground shipping + insurance. Unfortunately, due to a few recent problems dealing with customs, at this time these will be for sale to U.S. buyers only. Payments can be made via PayPal or Personal Check (will hold shipment until cleared).

Custom Tanto by Jason Dingledine

This custom tanto has a blade by Jason Dingledine with the polish & mount having been done by Brandon Thell. The blade is a Hira-Zukuri style and is 9.25" (including the habiki). The hamon is suguha along the cutting edge, and there is visible mune-yaki (additional hamon / hardened areas along the mune, the back ridge) which you can see in the photo of the blade. The fittings are buffalo horn and the wrap is black leather. Saya has a striped pattern polished in.

Price is $850

Custom Jian by Jason Dingledine

This Jian by Jason was designed to be a bit heftier than your normal Jian, to be a more formiddable cutter (though I have never cut with it). The blade is approx 3/8" thick at the base with some distal taper going down the blade. Fittings are bronze cast from molds with a phoenix theme (dying on one side, flying on the other). Handle has a "raised" cord wrap. Blade has a faint hamon running along both edges. Blade is 29", overall handle is approx 8.5" with grip section being about 4.5". Scabbard is wood with a black finish.

This Jian was the last blade Jason shipped out before leaving for the Army. I mention this because you will notice in the pictures that the scabbard appears a bit "dirty". The sword was shipped the morning he left, and the lacquer had not dried fully, so he wrapped it in a soft cloth which unfortunately stuck into the lacquer a bit during shipping. I cleaned off the cloth that had become stuck, but you can still see some of the patterning. I did not want to polish off the lacquer so I only took it this far.

Price: $1000

Arms & Armor Irish Sword

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/sword085.html

Picked up off the classifieds here. I never had a chance to cut with this one, and the previous owner had only cut a few pool noodles with it.

Price: $425

Regards,
-Jeremy

Apologies, I forgot to attach the pictures.

Attachment: 16.31 KB
jian1.jpg

Attachment: 101.85 KB
jian2.jpg

Attachment: 25.49 KB
jian3.jpg

Attachment: 45.23 KB
tanto1.jpg

Attachment: 16.54 KB
tanto2.jpg

Available again, new home ownership can be expensive. :(

Price Drops, includes shipping in the continental US:

Tanto: $700

Jian: $850

A&A Irish Ring Hilt: $350

The A&A Irish sword is pending payment.

The Tanto and Jian are still available.

If the ring hilt were to fall through, I would take it

Ring hilt is sold and shipped as of today. Tanto and Jian available.

Final drop: Jian @ $700 shipped, tanto @ $600 shipped.

Irish Ring Hilt is sold.

Jian still available: $700 shipped.

Tanto still available: $600 shipped.

I also have a CF / Valiant Armoury Signature Bristol available -- $325 shipped. This is only a few weeks old. Has not been cut with and has been kept oiled. I was very, VERY impressed by this sword's value, but circumstances have me needing to lighten my collection a bit.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: