translation of Fiore de' Liberi's Fior di Battaglia
Tom Leoni has just released a text-only translation of Fiore de' Liberi's Fior di Battaglia which is available for purchase here from Lulu.

Note that there aren't any images as that would have delayed the project for a long time and probably would have been cost prohibitive (although there might be a version with images of some sort in the indeterminate future). However, the text absolutely lives up to Tom's standards of what a translation should be (and he actually feels that it is a better translation than his Fabris translation).

Steve
Is this a prelude to a print version? Or is it too soon to ask? In any event, I'm thrilled to see it. Combined with a simple nontranslated facsimile of Fiore, it should be just as good. :D
Re: translation of Fiore de' Liberi's Fior di Battaglia
My congratulations to Tom. After waiting almost ten years for a complete translation of this most important work it is indeed a dream come true. And the price is most reasonable! My thanks to Tom for taking the quickest and cheapest path to getting his work into our hands. May we now push our understanding of Fiore's art to new levels. Again, my thanks to Tom.

Ran Pleasant
ARMA DFW
May praise and honours be heaped on Tom for this most excellent service to the community!!

All the best,

Christian
That's wonderful! It should be interesting to compare it to the Easton/Litta translation, and to have a look at the sword in armour and mounted combat sections.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: