Scabbard fittings
Hello, I am in the progress of making a few scabbards for my Albion swords.

I finally figured how to make the core and now it is the leather cover and the fittings that need work.

While playing around with an idea for the design, I decided to go for the look of an Italian foot soldier of the second quarter of the 14th cent.

Because I had some leather available I tried something with fittings out of leather, would that work, or do you think this is totally out of the possible?

Attachment: 76.29 KB
HPIM1682.JPG

Attachment: 161.54 KB
HPIM1701.JPG

Well it looks impossible for me to determine if the sword on picture is supposed to have those parts made of metal or leather - so why not?
Artis Aboltins wrote:
Well it looks impossible for me to determine if the sword on picture is supposed to have those parts made of metal or leather - so why not?

I think given evidence of existing scabbards, there is nothing to say that leather was used for those parts.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Artis Aboltins wrote:

I think given evidence of existing scabbards, there is nothing to say that leather was used for those parts.

Quite possibly - my knowledge is more linked to the earlier weapons and scabbards and I know that in plenty of cases those did not contained any metal parts at all, so I assumed that it might have been the case here as well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: