Some help reall quick, if you don't mind.
Howdy everyone,

Me again, just wanted your opinion on these two items:

http://globalgear.com.au/prod1940.htm get this now (as in as we speak, 'cause I've got the mulla[?])

Or save up for this one: http://globalgear.com.au/prod1450.htm

Eitherway, I'm going to get their CAS Mammen Axe and CAS Viking Axe to complete *cough* my Viking-y, Norman-y kit :lol:

Thanks again, Oh, and I'll be sure to post the picture of the full kit.
Alright then, I have a couple of questions, Sam.

One: is this for your "Viking-y Norman-y" kit you mentioned in your post? Because if it is, neither sword fits the viking or norman styles. These are much later swords

Two: which one do you like more? If you like the cheaper one better, then buy that one. If you want the more expensive one, resist the temptation and save your money.

I've no comment on the quality of either, as I have never seen this company before.
Second one, the Hanwei Bastard, is a sure buy. I don't know anything about the first one.
Luka Borscak wrote:
Second one, the Hanwei Bastard, is a sure buy. I don't know anything about the first one.

I don't know anything about the first one either, but I can speak on the CAS-Hanwei Bastard a little. From what I understand, they've improved it considerably. I have the original version, and I'm not terribly impressed, mostly due to the awful feel. It has a 9" PoB and feels dead and blade-heavy.

The newer version has a solid pommel and draws the weight back, to give it a much more reasonable balance, but I haven't handled it (6" PoB I think).

On the plus-side, the blade is extremely flexible without being "whippy" or wobbly. It's stiff, certainly, but I've managed to bend it 90-degrees (yes, so the tip was perpendicular to the grip) by pressing it into the floor, and it's always sprung true. It cuts pumpkins very well despite the fact that it's not very sharp.

Visually I think it's very nice, and the antiqued finish is passable.
Thanks for your help so far guys, sure is shaping up to be the second one by the sounds of it :lol:
And sorry Jonathan, what I meant was that I'm going to get one of those longswords for sparring/training etc, but those axes are just for my Viking-y, Norman-y kit which is a side project.
Sam,
I believe it's "Moolah" It is a perfect name for spare money to buy swords!

Doug Gentner
Ah, thanks for that Douglas :lol:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: