Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A good reason not to store your harness in the garage... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: A good reason not to store your harness in the garage...         Reply with quote

So, someone tried to steal my Harley...

My wife left the garage door open last night while I was at work. About 3am, the neighbors across the street observed an unidentified male in my garage leaning over my Harley-Davidson in the darkness. A phone call to 911 was made, and the officers arrived at my residence shortly thereafter.

The suspect was caught totally off-guard while in the act...

Yes, I am completely serious. My 14c composite harness on its stand was suspected of being a would-be thief. I keep the stand in the garage because my wife is creeped out by it. Apparently, the neighbors are a bit skiddish about it as well...

I did not press charges against the suspect. He was let off with a verbal warning.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Maurizio D'Angelo

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

but, you want to joke. However it is very funny. Think if it had a sword near ...
on terrorism charges? Cool Laughing Out Loud
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I feel a tad sorry for the cops involved.

How were you sure it wasn't someone, though?

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Matthew Amt

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Oh, crap, Floyd, it's a TERMINATOR! Let 'im have it!" Blam! Blam! Blam!

Coulda been worse, I guess!

Matthew
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

why do some wives find them scary? i have a friend who's wife makes him keep his mail harness with helm in his cramped office space cause its scary hehehhe. i thought knights were the good guys Wink
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
why do some wives find them scary? i have a friend who's wife makes him keep his mail harness with helm in his cramped office space cause its scary hehehhe. i thought knights were the good guys Wink

Probably for the same reason women don't find the Stooges comical. WTF?!
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Most women that I know think an empty suit display is scary for some reason. She think it looks like a Cylon from the old Battlestar Galactica series - especially when I put the red moving LED behind the occulus. Laughing Out Loud
J.E. Sarge
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Hendrik De Coster

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

lol
my girlfriend has no problems what so ever with my armour, heck it even stand next to my bed together with all my weapons=p
with my other mess however=p

it's fun how an armour stand can be funny, on some shows i once put on my armour and just stood still the whole time waiting till someone came to inspect it more closely, then jump toward them shouting, funny as hell=p
Christopher VaughnStrever

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My suit was on a stand next to our kitchen. It freaked my mom out all the time (my mom lives with me and the wife)
So I eventually moved it into me and my wife's room. less than 3 feet away from our bed. My wife doesnt even get bothered with the smell when I oil it. And my near 8month old daughter looks at it with the face... "Ahhhh metal I want to touch"

Experience and learning from such defines maturity, not a number of age
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Funny story. Happy It reminded me of an incident that happened to a friend of mine during our college days.

This friend came home from school and thought she heard someone in the house (she was alone at the time). She called the police who did a search of the house to make sure there were no intruders. The officer came back downstairs after searching the bedrooms upstairs and looked a little chagrined. At this point, I should mention that this friend had a thing for Captain Picard of Star Trek and had a lifesize cardboard cutout of him in her room. (Anyone see where this is going?) The officer, when he went to that room (the last one in his search pattern) and threw open the door, saw a man's silhouette in the room. Luckily, he flipped on the light after calling out to the "man" and realized it was not, in fact, a man. Ol' Captain Picard almost got pumped full of lead that night, though..... Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Captain Picard cutout? That reminds me of the old Steve Martin movie were they were having a party with a variety of 70s movie star cutouts instead of real people. That is just too funny.

I work in law enforcement myself and have been on some interesting calls, but I have yet to get my own personal call on a cutout or suit of armor - though I have been on a call where a skunk was trapped in someone's garage Eek! . Perhaps soon I can reflect on my own experience. Laughing Out Loud

J.E. Sarge
www.crusadermonk.com

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Matthew Amt wrote:
"Oh, crap, Floyd, it's a TERMINATOR! Let 'im have it!" Blam! Blam! Blam!

Coulda been worse, I guess!

Matthew

Love the joke. Big Grin Cool

I can see the cop neediing counseling and going to the department psychologist ( Dr. Silberman ) and saying that TERMINATORS are real and the poor doctor losing it and running away to hide in an isolated log cabin in deep deep woods.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hendrik De Coster wrote:
lol
my girlfriend has no problems what so ever with my armour, heck it even stand next to my bed together with all my weapons=p

it's fun how an armour stand can be funny, on some shows i once put on my armour and just stood still the whole time waiting till someone came to inspect it more closely, then jump toward them shouting, funny as hell=p

I used to do that for the kiddies at Halloween. One brave little fellow tried to convince his friends it was just the armour on a stand he had seen the year before. (Same armour, different display) He literally flew backward down the five steps when I raised my visor to wish them "Happy Halloween!"

Its been a few years maybe I should set that up again this year. Different kids come by now. Laughing Out Loud
Daniel W

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kel Rekuta wrote:
Hendrik De Coster wrote:
lol

I used to do that for the kiddies at Halloween. One brave little fellow tried to convince his friends it was just the armour on a stand he had seen the year before. (Same armour, different display) He literally flew backward down the five steps when I raised my visor to wish them "Happy Halloween!"

Its been a few years maybe I should set that up again this year. Different kids come by now. Laughing Out Loud

I have a neighbor that did things like that with his kit... it was HILARIOUS. for us, that is. the kiddies don't come by anymore, some how, they're thinking that snickers bar just isn't worth it anymore.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A good reason not to store your harness in the garage...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic