New custom collaboration
Hi everyone,

Yes Lorien Mae Krause was born on May 16th at 36 weeks. She was 19 inches and 6.2 ibs.

Fit and finish are excellent. Despite her small size there is a surprising amount of heft and a point forward balance. Despite this odd dynamic I really enjoy the handling characteristics.

It is wonderful to see the quality you can get through a custom collaboration. Indeed, I am so fond of this example- I believe I will not be making any more orders of this particular type as I have found what I wanted.

Sorry I couldn't resist! ;)

Jeremy

Attachment: 66.86 KB
IMG_0117.JPG

Attachment: 59.05 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by Jeremy V. Krause on Sat 23 May, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Congratulations! :D
Looks like a nice... custom. I imagine you will find the construction a tad unsteady in spots and it may make some odd noises when swung. ;)

Seriously, congratz.
Congratulations, Jeremy. Those tend not to depreciate with age, though the upkeep might be a little more than you're used to.
Im sure it DOES handle nice , but dont be taking it into battle.

very cute , congratulations.

...Dan
Congratulations and some projects only seem to work as a collaboration for some mysterious reason. ;) :lol:
Looks like a healthy and robust baby.

Always a good start on projects of this nature! :D
Congratulations, Jeremy :) She is beautiful!

Just make sure you change her scabbard often!
I concord: this type of works are inclined to release big amount of refuses in they first years... The situation will bettering in about two or three years, as will do the amount of nocturnal noise.

Be wary though: after twelve of thirteen years they maintenance cost will soar!

"Erat maðr allz vesall,
þótt hann sé illa heill;
sumr er af sonom sæll,
sumr af frændom,
sumr af fé œrno,
sumr af verkom vel."

--------------------------------------------------------

For the baby:

May the Night give you quiet dreams,
may the Time give you days long and fruitful,
may the Death find you with many true friends!
'Handle with Caution', these cute little bundles become 'self sharpening' after about twelve years!
My Congratulations,
Norman.
She looks pretty serious.

A professor?
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a sword such as this. It actually looks like a alot baby, and the steel is very pink. :D
Bruno Giordan wrote:
She looks pretty serious.

A professor?

HA! That's funny!

Well her mother is so who knows?

Thanks everyone for allowing me to share my happy news. Through my fellow forumites at myArmoury I have really gained so much knowledge and passion related to my hobby but I have also found a kind of community that has become a comfortable place to hang out and even to veg. out during a stressful day or two along the way.

So cheers to Nathan, the myArmoury Team Members, and all my fellow forumites!

Jeremy
Congratulations! Those custom projects are surely nice thing to have, but do they take up quite a bit of time!
Congratulations to all three of you!
Re: New custom collaboration
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Hi everyone,
Fit and finish are excellent. Despite her small size there is a surprising amount of heft and a point forward balance. Despite this odd dynamic I really enjoy the handling characteristics.
Jeremy

congratulations for this extraordinary piece. Your collection has been greatly enriched.
The hardening seems excellent. I tried on my books. I think it is a unclassifiable Oakeshott's type.
;)
Congrats!

M.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: