Albion Gallowglass Custom Handmade Scabbard
Hello myArmoury Community!

I'd like to present to everyone my latest commission, the Albion Gallowglass. This scabbard features a wool lined wooden core, hand-stitched rain guard, and a handmade steel chape with finial. The 2-point suspension is adjustable, and the belt is removable.The tooling was conceived & designed by me from the ground up, with the intention of complimenting the sword as much as possible.

Comments & opinions welcome, and thank you for looking. More images can be found on my website.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Brian,

That is absolutely stunning! I am speechless.

Your talent is simply amazing.

Terry
Yes please.
;)
Very beautiful! Terrific work as always.
As always, your work is an inspiration to us, and sets the plank for how a really good scabbard should look like yet another step highier....
Epic drool, Brian. Gezz. :!:

I seriously hope I have a sword worthy of your work at some point...
You said that you designed the tooling to compliment the sword as much as possible and I must say... You did exactly that! Both the sword and the scabbard are works of art, yet neither detracts from the other. The tooling is stunning, yet it is simple enough that it actually drew my eye to the Gallowglass. Amazing and awe inspiring yet again!
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. This is one of those projects that will be sad to send off. It turned out so well that I'm going to miss it when it is gone.
I will be giving you a call very soon :). I have a Gallowglass on the way.
I have a couple of things to say.

1) I am the proud owner of this scabbard, belt & suspension (it's not for sale!).

2) Brian and I have a deal. Whenever I don't know exactly what I want, I hand over the keys to him because I trust his sense of taste and style better than my own. As it turned out my instincts were absolutely correct because he turned out one beautiful piece of art. This is the first time I've seen it completed and I had no idea how this was going to turn out until now.

In summary, what I am trying to say is that if you are unsure about what you want as far as a scabbard, belt and suspension, be confident in turning over the keys to Brian because he is true artist and a craftsman. In addition I feel it is important to say that he didn't take advantage of my trust in him because his fees on this project were more than reasonable and we didn't even discuss price.

I am completely satisfied. What more could anyone ask?
Nathan Gilleland wrote:
You said that you designed the tooling to compliment the sword as much as possible and I must say... You did exactly that! Both the sword and the scabbard are works of art, yet neither detracts from the other. The tooling is stunning, yet it is simple enough that it actually drew my eye to the Gallowglass. Amazing and awe inspiring yet again!

Yup, what he said. :D :cool:

Can't come up with a better comment and you really have to stop getting better and better at this since we will all run out of positive things to said i.e. run out of descriptive words up to the challenge of matching the work. :D
Sorry, Allen, Brian. would it be possible to see apicture of the sword hunging from the hips? I am very curious to see at which angle the rear strap connects belt and scabbard.
Only if it is not trouble

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: