Blade Thickness @ Base: .260 inch
Blade Thickness 2 inches from Point: .175 inch
Hilt Overall Length: 14-1/2 inches
Length of Handle: 12 inches
Center of Gravity: 4 inches from guard
Location of Blade Node (measured from Guard): 22 inches
Primary Hilt Node: approx. 1 inch from cross on handle
Weight: 3lbs 8 oz

This sword was made to customer specs for a custom order.
This sword represents a class of longswords primarily from Denmark, Sweden etc. from the 15th-16th C. The blade of this sword is differentially-tempered 5160 spring steel, the furniture is blued mild steel and the handle sections are Maple carved in a Norse chain-knot.
You wouldn't guess the weight from the handling- if feels nice!
Nice contrast between the pale maple and the dark furniture. The knotwork really sets the piece above the norm, it must have taken quite some time.
Amazing piece and I'm glad it's a custom piece as an another purchase right now would kill me and this one would be very tempting but I'm also guessing it would be more than my usual maximum comfort zone of $1000 to $1250 ( Will occasionally go higher for a custom job of my own once every couple of years.

The whole package with the sculpture of the handle makes it a real beauty, running out of superlatives so feel free to mentally add quite a few. ;) :D
Indeed, looks fantastic! I I am not normally a great fan of this type of swords, but this one looks really great!
Great work, indeed!

But isn't this sword very close to a sword Jake Powning once forged? Exspecially the knotwork reminds me of it...
There are some significant differences in details between the swords but mine is certainly influenced by Jake's; the customer actually used Jake's as an example of 'something along this line' and wanted the Norse Chain Knot in particular.
Its very nice looking in the pictures.

Aesthetic is great.
Thanks Joe!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: