Tods Stuff - Off the peg
Hi All,

I just had a very general enquiry of the 'what have you got that I may like' nature so I went through my stock and thought I would post up some pictures here. Please excuse the quality of the pictures as they are by flash and some of the fittings have suffered a little from oxidisation over my winter slack period, but they will all be supplied shiny and new. If anyone is particularly interested please let me know and I can supply better pictures if required.

In no particular order.

There are two pictures of four daggers of various kinds, They range in price from £155 to £320

There is a picture of a load of eating knives inspired by 'knives and scabbards' , from £65 to £85

A new 'English Cutler' bollock dagger that will be coming on line shortly and will be £120, but I have a couple with a slight chip to the ebony handle and they are £105. Inspired by the Wallace collection set.

A crossbow with yew stock and goats foot lever, about 250lb and that is priced at £680.

Shipping to the States would be £10 for the eating knives, £15 for the daggers and I am afraid a whopping £100 for the bow.

I hope there is something of interest.

Tod

Attachment: 144.14 KB
1.jpg

Attachment: 129.63 KB
2.jpg

Attachment: 141.92 KB
3.jpg

Attachment: 125.31 KB
4.jpg

Attachment: 137.1 KB
5.jpg

Daggnabbit Leo! You need to quit making so much impressive stuff! One of those rondels is calling to me...hmmm...
Russ, that ear dagger and Swiss dagger are tempting me, too. And my birthday is tomorrow!!! :eek:
Beautiful stuff. I need to check my budget now....

I see a sibling to my Tod's Stuff bronze-hilted rondel dagger. :) Cool!

I love the ballock dagger and ear dagger, too. The rondels are nice as well.
PM sent !
Whew...a few of them sure do cause some temptation.

Somebody please buy everything up quickly!
What kind of knife is the one right below the ear dagger?
I have had a few requests for better pictures of these items in particular and so have posted them up.

I have also showed the chip in the bollock dagger handle.

Tod

Attachment: 131.41 KB
1.jpg

Attachment: 135.38 KB
2.jpg

Attachment: 116.01 KB
3.jpg

Attachment: 121.82 KB
4.jpg

Attachment: 144.64 KB
5.jpg

Quote:
Chad Arnow wrote I see a sibling to my Tod's Stuff bronze-hilted rondel dagger. Cool!

Sibling yes - clone no. The dagger Chad reviewed had a shorter blade and this one has strayed a little further from the original by having a longer blade and brass handle and Chads knife has a combination of engraved lines brought further to prominence by pounced dots along the same lines, this has engraved lines only.

The two rondels, the german knife and one of the bollock knives have now gone to good homes.

Tod
Joe Fults wrote:
Somebody please buy everything up quickly!

That won't do you any good! You've seen them now, and from here on out it's a long, slow decline into madness as you try to scheme up some way to save enough money to commission something all your own! Trust me on this one: I've been at it for over a year now--ever since Tod unveiled that gorgeous seax of Jeremy's ;)
Leo Todeschini wrote:

Sibling yes - clone no. The dagger Chad reviewed had a shorter blade and this one has strayed a little further from the original by having a longer blade and brass handle and Chads knife has a combination of engraved lines brought further to prominence by pounced dots along the same lines, this has engraved lines only.

The two rondels, the german knife and one of the bollock knives have now gone to good homes.

Tod

Drat should have moved faster on that rondel...
Hi guys,

I received both bronze-hilted rondel daggers today... what can I say... the craftmanship is simply astonishing. They look and feel so authentic and deadly, it's incredible. The blades are as sharp as a good blade can be, the assembly is solid and the look.... well, the pictures don't do them justice.

Both daggers are slightly bigger than I expected, and their grips could easily be used with a gauntlet.

The single-edged one has a thick spine and feels heavy in the hand. Good heavy, like in meat-cleaver heavy. :) Although this is not its intended purpose, I feel like it could perform very well as a utility knife, should the need arise.

The longer, double-edged one is as long as my forearm and extended hand. The blade is not very thick, and the edges are very sharp, but the blade is not whippy at all (in fact it has almost no flex), and I think it would perform extremely well in both unarmored and armored combat. The reach you have with this one could make one hell of a difference, especially in unarmored combat.

Between the two, I honestly can't decide which one I like best. They are very different examples of what high-end rondel daggers can be.

Edit : I just realized that they are in fact variations of two daggers presented in the myArmoury feature article on medieval daggers. Talk about a cool coincidence. :)
Hugo Voisine wrote:
I received both bronze-hilted rondel daggers today... what can I say... the craftmanship is simply astonishing. They look and feel so authentic and deadly, it's incredible. The blades are as sharp as a good blade can be, the assembly is solid and the look.... well, the pictures don't do them justice.

Edit : I just realized that they are in fact variations of two daggers presented in the myArmoury feature article on medieval daggers. Talk about a cool coincidence. :)

Glad you like them. Tod always makes great stuff. For the record, I believe they're both hilted with brass, not bronze.

Those are two of my favorite rondel styles. I have a more accurate bronze version by Tod and I just love it.
Thanks for the posting Hugo, it appears that you like them!

For the record my favourite is the skinny one, the handle looks like it is too thin to be comfortable, but it actually fits very well, perhaps because of the rondels - anyway I like the all metal ones and will one day add one of theose 15th/16thC German steel rondels onto the 'to do' list.

Quote:
Chad Arnow wrote For the record, I believe they're both hilted with brass, not bronze.

Quite correct, they are both in brass.

Regards

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: