Where to by fittings for a gladius scabbard?
Hello all. I have finished the wooden core for my Allectus gladius, but now I am in a bit of a bind. I have no idea where to find the fittings to finish off the scabbard. I have searched through this forum, looked at Quiet press, and searched Google,.all with no luck. I am thinking that my best bet may be to just buy another gladius and use the fittings from that, but I am hoping there is a better way. Any help is appreciated.
assuming you're fairly handy with your hands, you could try getting brass sheet/wire and making it yourself. just make sure it's thin (20-22?) gauge sheet so it will work easily. might also check out jewelery places and look at their gallery wire for embellishments. Just a thought.

Cheers,
I don't know if you've already seen this page, but there are some hints for gladius scabbard making here:
http://www.larp.com/legioxx/gladius.html

There are also links to suppliers on the Legio XX site, both of completed items and "parts and pieces" to make your own stuff. Anyway, I hope this assists you!
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to check out those links. I did find that page, but it is a little tricky to navigate and I just didn't spend enough time trying. Who knows, maybe I'll learn how to work bronze, couldn't hurt :).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: