Arms & Armor Type XVIIIc Handmade Scabbard
Hello myArmoury Community,

I'd like to share my latest commission, the Arms & Armor Type XVIIIc scabbard. The scabbard features a single riser & wool lining, along with a hand-stitched rain guard & single seam up the spine on the back.

Comments welcome, and thanks for looking everyone!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Brian,

I'm impressed. That sword sold maybe 2 months ago. It is nice to see an individual in the sword industry finish a high quality product in such a short amount of time. Yours is definately a rarity ability.

Jason
Damn. I like that a lot.
Jason Elrod wrote:
Brian,

I'm impressed. That sword sold maybe 2 months ago. It is nice to see an individual in the sword industry finish a high quality product in such a short amount of time. Yours is definately a rarity ability.

Jason

Thank you Jason, I'm flattered.

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Damn. I like that a lot.

Thank you Nathan. A concise and highly complimentary response, if I say so myself!
I'd say the best details are the incised lines on either side of the ridge. Very nice.

M.
M. Eversberg II wrote:
I'd say the best details are the incised lines on either side of the ridge. Very nice.

M.

Thanks. Here is an image with a better view of the bottom half.

[ Linked Image ]
Another real impressive example.

Other thing that amazes me is the pace at which you are able to churn these things out.
Beautiful as always Brian. I know I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums, but I've read through all of your posts and each example is really just gorgeous. Now if I could only stop myself from buying swords I may be able to invest in a nice scabbard :). I'm taking a shot at making one for my Albion Allectus that is arriving on Tuesday, wish me luck!
M. Eversberg II wrote:

M.

Agreed, one of the first things I noticed and great work as usual.

Very elegant and simple lines in this one but I also like your more ornate and decorated scabbards: It just shows that you can do both simple and complex well. :D :cool:
The detail work is very impressive. Some time in the future I'd like to have a scabbard made for my Albion Svante, I think I know who to contact.
Joe Fults wrote:
Another real impressive example.

Other thing that amazes me is the pace at which you are able to churn these things out.

Thank you Joe. I try to keep up with the pace to prevent a lengthy backlog of orders.

Ed S. wrote:
Beautiful as always Brian. I know I'm a bit of a lurker on these forums, but I've read through all of your posts and each example is really just gorgeous. Now if I could only stop myself from buying swords I may be able to invest in a nice scabbard :). I'm taking a shot at making one for my Albion Allectus that is arriving on Tuesday, wish me luck!

Thanks Ed. Good luck!

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
M. Eversberg II wrote:

M.

Agreed, one of the first things I noticed and great work as usual.

Very elegant and simple lines in this one but I also like your more ornate and decorated scabbards: It just shows that you can do both simple and complex well. :D :cool:

Thank you Jean. I appreciate all aspects of the scabbard, and I try to let the existing features of the sword describe to me how the design of the scabbard will be.

Patrick Kelly wrote:
The detail work is very impressive. Some time in the future I'd like to have a scabbard made for my Albion Svante, I think I know who to contact.

Of course, the Svante would be the ultimate commission for an artisan to work on.
What you can't appreciate from the photos alone is the high quality fit of the scabbards that Brian is making. This one fits this particular sword like a nice glove. The sword exits and enters the scabbard so smoothly and quietly that movement in and out of the scabbard is effortless, yet, the scabbard grips the sword just enough that it will not fall out when turned upside down. Thats not a trivial thing given the rather complex Type XVIII profile curve and the diamond cross section of the blade in this particular case.

Nor do the photos tell you about the customer service you get. I feel like Brian always listens carefully to me at the start of a commission and manages to capture exactly what I am looking for in a scabbard. I can't recommend this highly talented artisan enough! tr
Beautiful work as usual, Brian. I too like the elegantly simple lines of this piece. Very classy.

I have to second and support Thom's comments completely. Brian's completed 6 commissions for me, and I am very happy with them all. Each has a very unique character. Most look like they came from different, though equally talented artisans. He's good at capturing a variety of looks and time periods. And all my dealings with him have demonstrated the utmost in professionalism.
I know I've said this before but that is excellent work. You certainly raise the bar for other scabbard makers in terms of quality and price.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: