Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Good Grief, sword I.D. please! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Norman McCormick

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Joseph,
It would appear that there has been something lost, unintentionally of course, in communication regarding your sword. With only the photographs on this thread to go by it would suggest that the blade pictured does indeed belong to a Prussian sword but it is not unknown for surplus/export blades to be purchased by Governments and mounted/converted for use by armed forces other than the one the contract was issued for. Solingen has been for many centuries a prolific manufacturing area of blades, indeed most archetypal 17/18th Cent Scottish basket hilted swords are mounted with German made blades therefore it may not be unreasonable to suggest that an Italian military issue or more likely an officers private purchase sword could be mounted using a Solingen made blade and still be an Italian Military piece. The only way to resolve your problem would be to post photographs of the sword in particular the hilt in its entirety. I hope you are able to post more photographs as with the information as it is this question will not be resolved.
My Regards,
Norman.

Last edited by Norman McCormick on Sun 26 Apr, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 26 Apr, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The people who would help you identify this sword or Morgan's have no stake in your argument/disagreement. They also have no obligation to help whatsoever. Anyone who chooses to help in the identification is doing it to be nice and to be helpful. Happy

So be nice. Happy And be helpful by giving people enough info (pics and stats) that they can identify whatever sword(s) needs identifying.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Morgan Butler

PostPosted: Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just got back this into town and looked at the thread. I'm terribly sorry it got out of hand. I elect we drop the subject. The next time I put a sword up for I.D. it will only be mine. thanks.
inkothemgard!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Good Grief, sword I.D. please!
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: