New book in Cornwell's Saxon Stories
Bernard Cornwell has a 5th book comming out in his Saxon Stories. It'll use the period of the last assaults on King Alfred's Wessex: http://www.bernardcornwell.net/index.cfm?page=2&BookId=50

These books are historical fiction in which the author takes some license(which he acknowledges and explains in a section at the end of each story) but they are thouroughly researched and are in a "can't put it down" class by themselves. Lots of action and intrique as Uhtred battles his way through fights with Danes, betrayal by friends, political webs, and treachery. Great reads.
excellent news, I have been hoping for this.

thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers

Jason
Cornwell has also just put out a new novel on Agincourt. the title is 'Agincourt'

Joe
Joseph Eaton wrote:
Cornwell has also just put out a new novel on Agincourt. the title is 'Agincourt'

Joe

I just picked that one up this weekend. I’ll be starting it right after I finish Helen Hollick’s “Harold the King” which by the way, along with Hollick’s the “Hollow Crown” is another damn fine and interesting read.
Quote:
I’ll be starting it right after I finish Helen Hollick’s “Harold the King”

Agreed, I very much enjoyed that book.
J Anstey wrote:
excellent news, I have been hoping for this.

thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers

Jason

I second you ! I was hoping for this too though I was fearing it would never come, since Cornwell issued Azincourt (yes, french spelling, also used for the UK edition) between the fourth volume and this one.

Jean
I recently read Azincourt (same spelling here is Australia) - I really enjoyed it and hope for a sequel, assuming something else happened after the historic battle??

Seems Cornwell is a bit annoyed about the publishers changing the titles of some of his books for the US market.

Apparently Harlequin was changed to "the archers tale" for the US as the publisher didn't want the title to be confused with some romance brand over there?!

cheers

Jason

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: