Albion Sovereign Handmade Scabbard
Hello everyone,

Please have a look at my latest completed commission. This one being of the gracefully refined variety. It features wool lining & wood core risers with incised lines framing in the face of the scabbard. The chape is handmade brass.

Please feel free to chime in as usual and thanks for looking!

Cheers!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Gorgeous!!!! I'd love to see this one with it's belt, the whole kit must be very nice.
Tim Lison wrote:
Gorgeous!!!! I'd love to see this one with it's belt, the whole kit must be very nice.

Thank you very much. This particular commission did not include a suspension system.
The brass chape opposite the bronze pommel, the two risers echoing the dual fullers, very elegant and symmetrical.
Very neat and great looking work as usual Brian (I'm afraid I might sound repetitive when posting about your scabbards :), and nice color match with the grip too.

It's obvious to the eye that every detail (down to the last surface line) is crafted with extreme care.

That said, someone get that sword out of my head now!

J
* sigh * ... you're starting to bore me with the consistency of your work, can't you do
something " triple-o " ( outrageous, overthetop, and ornate ) so I can feel more like
my usual self ... B-)

( That's meant to be humorous, by the way. )
Great work. I like the simplicity of design in this one.

M.
Thank you gentlmen. It's a great reward for me to be able to share my artistic efforts with everyone.
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz wrote:
* sigh * ... you're starting to bore me with the consistency of your work, can't you do
something " triple-o " ( outrageous, overthetop, and ornate ) so I can feel more like
my usual self ... B-)

( That's meant to be humorous, by the way. )

Hey Matthew, that's your sword! I was finally able to do it up right with the lovely work of Mr. Kunz!

Eric
I'm in the process of doing a quick wood core scabbard right now and I'll tell ya, what I wouldn't do for some "in-progress" pictures!
Awesome work, Brian. Truly inspiring.

TF Murphy McCraken :cool:
There are plenty of topics on "how to make a scabbard" on this site with some in-progress photos and advice. Asking a maker to give you such info in their "Makers and Manufacturers" topic (a promotional topic) is probably not the most appropriate thing.

But I do hear you :) We're all curious, of course.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: