Type XVIIIb - Revised
I thought it was about time to revise my version of my manufacture of the very famous Munich Museum Type XVIIIb.

Below are pictures of before and after looks. Before, with Amboyna Burl handle with plain brass insert in the pommel, after, with Gaboon Ebony handle and Onyx insert in the pommel.

Enjoy.

Gabriel

Attachment: 133.78 KB
Before1.jpg

Attachment: 133 KB
Before2.jpg

Attachment: 128.68 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 133.48 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 130.45 KB
[ Download ]
Re: Type XVIIIb - Revised
G. Ghazarian wrote:
I thought it was about time to revise my version of my manufacture of the very famous Munich Museum Type XVIIIb.

Below are pictures of before and after looks. Before, with Amboyna Burl handle with plain brass insert in the pommel, after, with Gaboon Ebony handle and Onyx insert in the pommel.

Enjoy.

Gabriel

Wow... :eek:

She's a real beauty, Gabriel!
that's just....insane...
Thank you Jeremiah and A.A. Boskaljon.

I appreciate your encouragement.

Gabriel
Beautiful stuff from an artistic standpoint. I kind of preferred the first version in terms of historical look, but no one can deny that you're turning out very beautiful stuff. :)
Thanks for your compliments Chad.

Also I must add that I couldn't agree more with your reference to historical look, but one gets to look for things to do sometimes and toys with variations on the same thing or idea, until exhausted and then moves on to something entirely new.

Now I wish I had enough information on the real thing, hi res pictures perhaps, to be able to recreate the embossed leather handle and the gold leafed ? pommel.

A trip to Europe is maybe overdue, to visit my familiar maritime museums again and also this time, visit the arms and armor
museums.

Gabriel
G. Ghazarian wrote:
Now I wish I had enough information on the real thing, hi res pictures perhaps, to be able to recreate the embossed leather handle and the gold leafed ? pommel.

Wow. I can't imagine how great that would look!
Thanks Nathan, I take that as a compliment.

.... Perhaps it does not have to be exactly like the original, an "inspired by" may be sufficient or acceptable...

... In that case this may be sooner than later...
G. Ghazarian wrote:
Thank you Jeremiah and A.A. Boskaljon.

I appreciate your encouragement.

Gabriel

Where XVIIIb's are concerned, you may want to take my word with a grain of salt, as I am VERY biased...

... to me, XVIIIb's are the most exquisitely-proportioned swords from any culture from any time period. They are, at least ęsthetically, my absolute favorite!
G. Ghazarian wrote:
Thanks Nathan, I take that as a compliment.

.... Perhaps it does not have to be exactly like the original, an "inspired by" may be sufficient or acceptable...

... In that case this may be sooner than later...

HI Gabriel,

Albion has already said they plan to produce a "Museum Line" version of the Bayerisches sword, complete with the leather tooling from the original.

So, an "inspired by" pattern would probably be fresher. Since you are the artist, it would be very interesting to us to see what sort of direction you go with your own inspiration.

Have fun with your art. Your own unique inspirations and talents are certainly appreciated here.

Best of fortunes!
Jeremiah

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: