Ireland travel advice?
Good day,
I will be going to Ireland (I am flying in and out of Dublin but willing to travel) and was wondering about areas to see that are less than obvious. I have traveled extensively through England and Europe, what I tend to find are that some of the best museums (arms and armor related) are the ones that are less publicized. I have never thought to ask people here their opinions on the various museums and places to see. I am going so that I may be at the battlefield of Clontarf on the 995th anniversary, though I have yet to find out if there will be any special events going on (I am sure there will be). So what museums(etc.) would anyone suggest visiting?
Your help is greatly appreciated,
Hadrian :)
Re: Ireland travel advice?
Hadrian Coffin wrote:
Good day,
I will be going to Ireland (I am flying in and out of Dublin but willing to travel) and was wondering about areas to see that are less than obvious. I have traveled extensively through England and Europe, what I tend to find are that some of the best museums (arms and armor related) are the ones that are less publicized. I have never thought to ask people here their opinions on the various museums and places to see. I am going so that I may be at the battlefield of Clontarf on the 995th anniversary, though I have yet to find out if there will be any special events going on (I am sure there will be). So what museums(etc.) would anyone suggest visiting?
Your help is greatly appreciated,
Hadrian :)

Contact the Irish Tourist Authority, or whatever the agency is called, to ask for information. I assume they have something on the order of the BTA, which sent me a load of material, including a complete list of attractions like museums, in Scotland, before our first trip over there. It was very helpful and I suspect that such a publication is available in Ireland and, if it isn't free, the cost is probably nominal. Have a great time, and find lots of things over there to photograph and post on the forum.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: