Project DSA Guardian: A DBK Custom Pictorial
Hello myArmoury Community!

I'd like to share my latest completed commission. The Darksword Armoury Guardian sword.

Background: Every once in a while I get a unique opportunity where the customer leaves 99.9% of the custom design up to me. These are opportunities I relish in, because quite frankly, I love embellished custom swords. The approach was simple; take a sub $300 sword, mix historical & fantasy elements, and create a barbarian / celtic type package. The customer's few detailed requests involved darkening the pommel & guard, and placing the teutonic knight symbol on the blade. The rest was up to me regarding color & detail work.

What we have here is a 2-tone black & cordovan brown. I took the beastly elements of design within the guardian, and took it a step further to compliment the sword with bold & beastly elements in the leatherwork. The chape features a demon tail that fades in color to the tip to enhance the look. I antiqued the pommel & guard, and I used a celtic decorated ring in the integral suspension to add a tribal type decor element to the overall design.

I hope everyone enjoys my latest commisson. Please feel free the comment, and thanks for looking!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
You did quite a number on the Guardian. You'd never think that sword would end up looking that good! Good job as always!
Brian... I'm blown away... that is amazing...

I think I just got an idea for something also... more on that later.

Awesome work man.
Hmm, very busy scabbard, and I'm not inclined toward such myself, but you know what ...
with this sword it appears to work really well.
Wow, Brian!! Very cool, indeed! Makes it look like a more than $300 sword for sure. :cool:
It's not a package I'd go for myself, but, as usual, your craftsmanship is astounding. (Plus, I always like to see "serious" fantasy swords instead of tacky, movie-prop-esque SLOs. :) )
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. This is definitely a package for those who love embellishment.
Brian K. wrote:
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. This is definitely a package for those who love embellishment.

Hmmmmmmmm ........ SHYNY :cool:

Sober simple designs have their place but so do more ornamental ones and although there is a lot of embellishment here it doesn't go over the line of being too much: these are still large areas of plain surface that create a contrast enhancing the decorated areas.

Personally I think one drifts into too much decoration only when no spot is left plain where the separation between foreground and background are lost in the jumble. ( There may be exceptions to this " rule " where one is creating a complex textural field, but usually a little restraint gives better results ....... art school a long long time ago. ;) ).

Anyway, very nice work and the great pic quality also help a lot in appreciating your work.
The sword overall look kick ass if i had money it would be a great investment congratulation!!! :lol:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: