Go to page 1, 2  Next

New Hard to Find Sword Offering from Albion
More details here:

http://www.albion-swords.com/april-1-2009.htm

Best,

Howy
Excellent weapon

Did Captain [Engineering] Montgomery Scott have anything to do with the material design?
LOL
I do like the design improvements they made over the mark I.
Why did you have to wait to roll this out? I so would have ordered it to go with my Mark I. It is all the rage of the Ren Faire circuit. Though the lasses do give me a look when it raises there skirts! :p
Finally, an Albion sword I can actually afford!!!! I'll be placing my order today. I'm thinking either oxblood or campaign brown.

Howy, does this have an overwrap like the Vigil and Chevalier? How much more?
:wtf: Mark II already !!! I have not seen my mark I yet Howy.
AND it slices, dices, and makes some great julian fries !!!

Glad to see SOMEONE has a sense of humor in this joint. B-)

Other than myself, that is.
It's like a dream come true! But do I have to have any kind of special clearance or licensing to accept a HAZMAT shipment? The local delivery people can get a little weird at times...

Can't wait to see what one of these is like in action. Can we expect a review from Patrick soon? ;)

PS~ Are whales available as an option?
I'd get mine with a black grip, that way it matches my phaser and tricorder !!!
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
I have not seen my mark I yet Howy.

Of course not. That means it's working. ;)

Justin B. wrote:
PS~ Are whales available as an option?

I think that would be the ideal test cutting medium. :eek:

Overall, I like what I'm (not) seeing. I expect a blade like this would be a perfect complement to a personal cloaking device or Ring of Power. Can I have it shipped to Christian Fletcher for an invisible belt and scabbard? :lol:
Awesome! Have you resolved the problems with particle reflectivity in the pattern buffers during transport? My MK1 sometimes materializes inside solid rock on away missions (althought it's no problem drawing it straight out). Kind of like a personal King Arthur moment. Puts my light saber to shame! Placing my order through subspace channels now, Captain!

Live long and prosper!
I always look for something from you on this day each year! :lol:
How much is it? I must have one to display on my wall!
Is the blade profile lenticular?
If that's the case, should one avoid leaving the sword in bright sunlight lest it become a fire hazard?

-n.
Hmm, I'll take one of those plus a transparent suit of plate armor. For maintaining the illusion of personal space on the subway.

I bet the sword ships in a Schrodinger Box. You get the box in the mail, and maybe there is a sword in it... maybe there isn't... you open it and you still can't tell...
new hard to find sword
Ahh. The Albion Stealth. W
Um, I'm not seeing anything. I guess I have to calibrate my monitor again. Now where's that hammer....
Jonathan Blair wrote:
Finally, an Albion sword I can actually afford!!!! I'll be placing my order today. I'm thinking either oxblood or campaign brown.

Howy, does this have an overwrap like the Vigil and Chevalier? How much more?

I think it's only offered with adaptive camouflage leather grip wrap, (overwrap probably offered as an option). But you'll really want to pony up for the matching (historically accurate?!? :wtf: ) scabbard and suspension (adaptive camouflage leather over wood core with transparent aluminum chape, buckles, etc.) to complete the "look." Which makes me wonder: would the leather be tanned and specially processed to become adaptively camouflaged or does it come from a rare breed (or maybe not - they just can't find them) of adaptively camouflaged cows? :lol:
For those of you doubting the historical accuracy of this piece, I've attached a photo of the original from the Rustkammer Museum in Dresden. Looks like the crew at Albion got things pretty close to the original.

Attachment: 2.8 KB
April Fools.jpg

Can I get a matching transparent leather backhanger baldric to wear with my kilt and ninja mask to the Renn Faire?
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: