Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jean,
I'll figure up shipping and send the PayPal invoices out. When they're paid, I'll ship. :) One or two people may send money orders. When I get those, theirs will ship out. :)

My intent is simply to use PayPal's labeling system to generate shippng info. If people want me to ship to a different physical address than what PayPal has on file, they should let me know.
Just got back from picking up the books. They look great. :) They also included lettering on the cover at no charge, which I won't complain about. :)
Everyone paying by PayPal has received an invoice. 4 books have already shipped out. :) As payments come in, the books will go out. :)
*does the pee dance*
i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait

:p
Tim Boyer wrote:
*does the pee dance*
i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait

:p

Steps away from Tim before doing the same thing. Like they said in Ghost Busters, never cross the streams!

Money has been sent Chad and I am looking forwards to finally adding this book to my collection!

Scott
Cool, I'm in the ranks of the paid now, too!

Now I'm down to just a handful of "must haves" that I don't yet have...

Thanks Chad!
Chad,
I wanted to let you know that the book arrived safe and sound today. I am paging through it right now and have to say the the binding job is excellent. Thank you very much for putting this all together and fronting the money for this as well.

Scott
Scott Kowalski wrote:
Chad,
I wanted to let you know that the book arrived safe and sound today. I am paging through it right now and have to say the the binding job is excellent. Thank you very much for putting this all together and fronting the money for this as well.

Scott

Scott,
Glad you like it. :) I'm happy that this all came together. Most of the copies have been paid for and sent out. I'm waiting on money orders for 2 more. I haven't heard from the rest of the folks. :\
Chad,

Know that I am Tail End Charlie here. If someone does not follow through on payment, please put me on the list. No need for you get stuck after all of the time and work you put into this.

Cheers,
Dan
The book just arrived safely and in perfect condition.

I really like how they included the softcover covers in the binding: Look like a very nice job of it and the titling is very classy, the finish reminds me of fine old books.

Had a very quick browse through the book and I can see many familiar swords from other Oakeshott and published in other references works, but I can also see very many swords I haven't seen elsewhere and this does fill a big hole in my library. :D :cool:

As other have said, thanks for fronting the money for this and I'm sure you will find buyers for the remaining ones should the original buyers drop the ball for some reason ? ( Valid or not :wtf: ).

Oh, and if you have the chance you should transmit my ( our ? ) appreciation to the book binders for their nice work: People rarely get feedback about what they do well but only get comments when people aren't happy and are complaining. ;)
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
The book just arrived safely and in perfect condition.

I really like how they included the softcover covers in the binding: Look like a very nice job of it and the titling is very classy, the finish reminds me of fine old books.

Had a very quick browse through the book and I can see many familiar swords from other Oakeshott and published in other references works, but I can also see very many swords I haven't seen elsewhere and this does fill a big hole in my library. :D :cool:

As other have said, thanks for fronting the money for this and I'm sure you will find buyers for the remaining ones should the original buyers drop the ball for some reason ? ( Valid or not :wtf: ).

Oh, and if you have the chance you should transmit my ( our ? ) appreciation to the book binders for their nice work: People rarely get feedback about what they do well but only get comments when people aren't happy and are complaining. ;)

This pretty well sums everything up for me, as well. So thanks again, Chad! Was good to get in on this one and add this book to my collection as well :)
I agree with Jean that if the original buyers do not end up wanting it others here will. You already have a person who would like to get one of the copies.

I got to dig into the book more last night and all I have to say is that it is a wealth of information. I have already seen a couple of swords that I would love to add to my collection. I am only half way through paging through the book to boot! :eek: This book is going to cost me a lot more that what I paid for it I can tell.

Once again, thank you Chad for the time and effort to get this done for the lucky ones of us who received this special edition.

Scott
Jean, Justin, and Scott (and anyone else I left out),
Thanks! I'm glad it came together. It was frustrating at times, but ultimately worked out well.

Two more books will ship out today. :)
Received mine safely yesterday!

and wow :eek: it is beautifully done! i will probably have to get a protector for it just to keep it safe because i can tell it will be a book i go back to again

and again

and again

and.. well you get the point ;)

Thank you so much for coming up with and arduously perusing it!
My copy arrived safely, and its great! Thank you so much for organizing this!
Recieved my copy today as well and it looks very nice. I appreciate your time and trouble in this project, Chad. Thank you. Now I just have to find time to read it...
All the copies have been paid for and the last 2 will be mailed out tomorrow. :)

If anyone is interested in more copies in the future, let me know. It can be done again, but the price will go up as we'll lose the volume discount.
Just received my copy yesterday in all its hardbound glory! It's perfect, and I am proud to be the custodian of one of such a limited edition. Thank you, Chad, for your efforts and for having had such a great idea in the first place.
Sam,
Glad you like it. :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: