Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Museum Collection Glamdring - what's it worth? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Sim

PostPosted: Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Museum Collection Glamdring - what's it worth?         Reply with quote

Hi, just discovered this forum, looks good, i noticed somone else trying to sell a Museum Collection Sting sword from United Cutlery's line, i own one of these and although limited (3000 limited i think) they are still readily available on ebay if you look, i wondered..

i also managed to buy one of their Museum Collection Glamdring swords, these were limited to only 1000 and many were sent back as the blades were faulty, this happened when UC went into financial trouble and they were never repaired and sent back as far as i know making those like mine (perfect) rather rare

also as many sent the swords back and many bought it without the display case (as it was extremely heavy and cost a fortune in shipping) you often see retailers trying to sell the case alone on ebay.

the sword is a full size replica in spring steel with a silver pomel and crossguard and inset genuine saphires and is handmade in toledo spain. is hugely more accurate and beautifull than UC's standard glamdring which i also own, it is also god the museum collection distressed finish which gives it it's historic and genuine look

i also have the UC scabbard to go with it.

So what's it worth?
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You know the problem with those swords is that the value is relative. They are rare but also didn't sell so good when they were produced. I've seen people on Ebay trying to get around $1400 for them with no luck. If you find the right collector with deep enough pockets then it's worth whatever you put it up for. For someone like myself that has almost all historical stuff I wouldn't pay over $450 for one, which is about what they were going for on ebay during the first run. I'd only want it because as a Tolkien fan it would be fun to cut with a sword from the movies. For someone with a strictly historic collection it'd not be worth anything at all. As I said, it's all relative. If you really want to sell I'd just pick a price, take some pictures and post it in the marketplace. You may have to sit on it a bit given the nature of what your selling but someone will come along and buy it. And there's always Ebay. If you go that route though be sure to mark you thread removed before you start an ebay auction. The Hobbit will be out in 2010 so the value of these swords could go either way, especially if UC starts production on them again, which seems to be happening as they've delivered on back orders and released some new LOTR stuff. Anyway good luck on your sale and welcome to myArmoury!!
Winter is coming
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike, that's a great point about the Hobbit movie coming out soon and possibly adding steam to the Lord of the Ring product franchise again.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Museum Collection Glamdring - what's it worth?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic