fighting with an armet
hey everybody
i'm interested in the comparison between an armet and a brevor + sallet in foot combat, which would be superior to which?
atm i believe a sallet would be the best but since i love armets i'd be interested in a comparison between the 2
kind regards, Hendrik
Well, both have their advantages.

To my thinking, the bevor/sallet is more rigid, with a back piece to help protect the back of the neck. However, I see that the edge of the sallet has a nice gap between it and the bevor. With a war hammer or axe back spike you could catch it and yank their head around real good. With a sword you could do something similar, but twist it to put the edge against the skull too. The armet is somewhat more complicated, with more pieces (the bolt the visor swivels on, etc) to smash and break, but smaller slits and gaps to thrust at. So, in my opinion, for the tourney sort of foot combat, the bevor and sallet are better for simple durability, but for a "real" fight, you might want the harder to catch armet.

Of course, I've never seen either in person, so take my words with a pound of salt....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: